I recorded that BBC Wales prog and was MOST unimpressed with the Council transport guy who promised all will be revealed in July. I wait for this with bated breath - but then I had beans on toast for lunch.

Having said this, this morning I traveled from Coryton into Cardiff at 08.30 this morning, using the bus and the journey was less than 20 mins - which I reckon is pretty good for this time of the day. It's pretty obvious that there are going to be horrendous probs unless something drastic is done - as someone said, how do you sort the traffic in Llandaff. But perhaps that's the plan - compulsory purchase of land to accommodate traffic, trams.

A few days ago, I gave some thought to how I would deal with the traffic going north on the A470 at peak times. The obvious answer is to cut out the traffic lights by sealing North Road off from surrounding streets and putting in pedestrian bridges. But there are always going to be bottle-necks - the junction with Colum Road (seal that off as well?) and all the east-west roads at Birchgrove, Maes-y-Coed and Pantmawr. Could these be bridged? Just whistling in the dark here......and even if there was a good traffic flow so far, you're always just moving the bottle necks up the road as cars queue to get off.

I suppose we just have to accept that getting around our city in future is going to be like getting around in the South-East of England where I would really hate to live now.