+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Whatever happened to this forum ?

Re: Whatever happened to this forum ?

Stewart Lee is by far the best comedian around. I dint actually agree with all his views but I don't find it matters too much. Extraordinarily clever.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I'm a big fan of Stewart Lee too. A very funny and clever bloke IMO. No doubt he will grate on the Righty Headbangers.
    I hope you're not being nasty to the Righty Headbangers!

Stewart Lee is brilliant - and very funny.

Stewart Lee is superb, maybe people who allegedly don’t ‘get it’ are embarrassed that he’s making them look in the mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

No I'm always sweet to the Headbangers 😉. Brilliant clip Jon, absolutely hilarious and bang on!

International

Smiled twice, the same line repeated again for 3 minutes, and I'd already heard it before from someone else, as I hadn't heard of this bloke before despite his 34 years of hilarious comedy genius.

Definitely a case of the Emperor's New Clothes, someone said it's funny and people want to be in the same gang saying yes he's brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Yeah, you can't be sexist or racist anymore or even make fun of people with disabilities. Bummer.
    Lol shut up you utter pleb. At its core, "wokeness" is a blend of intersectionality and postmodernism which seeks to radically redefine misogyny, racism, oppression etc. and accentuate the very aspect we should be trying to eliminate i.e. not judge people by their skin colour, which I'm sure you fully understand and have done extensive resear- ohh wait, you probably haven't....

When a bunch of insatiable hyper-sensitive narcissists on Twitter or in academia (via Twitter) broaden the scope for "racism" or "misogyny" to justify their pathetic dogma, the obvious pitfalls to this are obviously lost on people such as you.

I only swing by this board from time to time to get some perspective on CCFC (God knows why...), and I occasionally get a good chuckle from seeing a bunch of miserably cynical crusty armchair managers bite lumps out of each other, but I can't help myself and wade in when I see stupid comments, so here I am!

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Blue View Post
    Lol shut up you utter pleb. At its core, "wokeness" is a blend of intersectionality and postmodernism which seeks to radically redefine misogyny, racism, oppression etc. and accentuate the very aspect we should be trying to eliminate i.e. not judge people by their skin colour, which I'm sure you fully understand and have done extensive resear- ohh wait, you probably haven't....

When a bunch of insatiable hyper-sensitive narcissists on Twitter or in academia (via Twitter) broaden the scope for "racism" or "misogyny" to justify their pathetic dogma, the obvious pitfalls to this are obviously lost on people such as you.

I only swing by this board from time to time to get some perspective on CCFC (God knows why...), and I occasionally get a good chuckle from seeing a bunch of miserably cynical crusty armchair managers bite lumps out of each other, but I can't help myself and wade in when I see stupid comments, so here I am!
    So here you are!

You may have single-handedly saved this forum from intersectionality and postmodernism, and the influence of 'plebs'!

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Too right, some people are so angry, like this bloke.

I know right!!! - fecking woke Tories and the right-wing - trying to ban human rights, protesting, strikes, investigations into their corruption, independent reports into their behavior, criticism of the government, talk of BREXIT, etc

Definitely a case of the Emperor's New Clothes, someone said it's funny and people want to be in the same gang saying yes he's brilliant.
    Crazy, isn’t it? It’s almost as if a popular comedian who has been on the circuit for more than 30 years has lots of fans. Astonishing stuff.

when does the comedy start?

Ricky Gervais is very funny, I think his last show took things too far, but he has been one of the best comedy actors of recent times, I also agree he is just about at the end of his career. Never heard of that other bloke?
    I like Gervais.

People can't just pick and choose what's funny or not because it suits them.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I like Gervais.

He's alright - a bit tedious - we get it Ricky, you don't believe in God and think religion sucks. Talk about flogging a dead horse.

I though Derek was very underrated - Afterlife had a few decent lines but just a bit boring.

I don't post too much these days due to other commitments but I think this board is still pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I like Gervais.

Who gets to choose what's funny then? I thought that's exactly how it works.

When did this come in ?

Great line

It's not Britain anymore

That's what the father of someone I used to go to watch City with said to me this September

I knew it was some racist cobblers as he's got form for it

I played dumb and said what do you mean Brian ?

He says , like the taxi driver .....its not Britain anymore ......went to watch City the other day , half the team are black , its not Britain anymore

I said Brian sort yourself out for God's sake and he waddled off on his walking stick to get medication given to him by the pharmacist who is Asian because Brian is seriously overweight through bad diet and needs a new hip

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    It's not Britain anymore

That's what the father of someone I used to go to watch City with said to me this September

I knew it was some racist cobblers as he's got form for it

I played dumb and said what do you mean Brian ?

He says , like the taxi driver .....its not Britain anymore ......went to watch City the other day , half the team are black , its not Britain anymore

I said Brian sort yourself out for God's sake and he waddled off on his walking stick to get medication given to him by the pharmacist who is Asian because Brian is seriously overweight through bad diet and needs a new hip
    Sounds like he is more into hip op rather than hip hop.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Sounds like he is more into hip op rather than hip hop.
    Drip op

Even a brain transplant would sort him out

You can try your best to educate people but he's beyond all hope

He said something so offensive about one of our black players a few years back I stopped bothering with him and his sons . Family of idiots .

Going back to the demise of the message board. When was the heyday then when everyone was more civil to each other? Was it the good old days when you could have a good row and buy some pine furniture? Was it when Ridsdale and Hammam were the chief topics and people knew not to accept ice creams from strangers? Or was it when changing from blue to red made everyone see red. Personally I’ve been on this from when my modem used to smoke if I tried to send a message. I’m thankful to people keeping me in the loop with chat about this terrible football club and yes it’s very annoying at times, very much like sitting in the crowd at CCS or Ninian Park.
    One thing that has changed over the last 20years or so is I’m 20 years older. The older I get the better I (and things) used to be. Oh and these days you say you’re English and you get thrown in jail.

Touching on what Bob said earlier about the board getting worse, I'm really not sure that's the case...

I've either been posting, or lurking and reading from afar, since the board's infancy 20 odd years ago. I can recall people literally calling each other out, to meet up for a scrap back then
    I'd say it was possibly worse to be honest, although it is still bad now at times.

I do think more should be done to nip that shite in the bud though, we've seen good posters walk away from here in the past because the silly shit is allowed to fester too much.

Obviously nobody wants a "soft" board, what's the point... Too PC and no balls = no fun really.
    However, having said that, it shouldn't be that people feel they can't post because of a small percentage of c0cks acting'ard and giving it the big'un so to speak.
    That also ruins the board, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    Touching on what Bob said earlier about the board getting worse, I'm really not sure that's the case...

I've either been posting, or lurking and reading from afar, since the board's infancy 20 odd years ago. I can recall people literally calling each other out, to meet up for a scrap back then
    I'd say it was possibly worse to be honest, although it is still bad now at times.

I do think more should be done to nip that shite in the bud though, we've seen good posters walk away from here in the past because the silly shit is allowed to fester too much.

Obviously nobody wants a "soft" board, what's the point... Too PC and no balls = no fun really.
    However, having said that, it shouldn't be that people feel they can't post because of a small percentage of c0cks acting'ard and giving it the big'un so to speak.
    Agreed. This place is almost tranquil compared what it was for periods during yesteryear when the dodgy Cowbridge furniture salesman, a webmaster of another CCFC forum and VICTOR, amongst others, would run amok here.

VICTOR must have accused practically everyone of being a GINK.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    VICTOR must have accused practically everyone of being a GINK.
    Nobody took offence though, as nobody knows what a gink is.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post

Yes, it's the same, most of the miserable people that love a moan and groan are still here and are still moaning about the owner, the board, the lack of passes, the Manager, the players, the government, and everything else really, some people will never be happy.

That was the point of Givias quote, although it went over a lot of heads.

I moan too before someone says it, just less often, and mostly about Drakeford

To be fair there's no point because it doesn't matter what we think, things will carry on as they are.

You also seem to moan a lot about other people moaning.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Nobody took offence though, as nobody knows what a gink is.

I just had to Google it. Apparently it's a "foolish or contemptible person"...
    His vocabulary wasn't bad to be fair to the miserable old gink.

International

Yes, it's the same, most of the miserable people that love a moan and groan are still here and are still moaning about the owner, the board, the lack of passes, the Manager, the players, the government, and everything else really, some people will never be happy.

That was the point of Givias quote, although it went over a lot of heads.

To be fair there's no point because it doesn't matter what we think, things will carry on as they are.
    Should be Gervais.........