+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Police State....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Police State....

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Where do you live? What part of the country?
    why is that important?

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    why is that important?
    Well, you're gibbering a load of bollocks about a police state, so I wondered where you were witnessing this. I've had a quick look through your posts and it appears that you actually live in France. Is that correct?

I live in North Cardiff. At the moment I'm still working every day. Although I wouldn't classify myself a key worker, some of the work the government agency I'm employed by does is crucial to the UK's maritime industry and the safety of the public. Therefore, I've volunteered to go into work each morning and get things up and running so that 40 of our 43 staff can work from home during these difficult times.

I'm getting dropped into work by my partner each morning and then walking home mid-afternoon through the streets of Splott, Cathays, Heath, Birchgrove and Rhiwbina. The journey takes me about an hour and a half. On my travels in and out of work and on my trips to the local supermarkets to shop for my elderly parents, I haven't seen a single policeman or police vehicle at any stage. Not one. I've seen a few members of the public acting like idiots, but no policemen whatsoever.

Banned

Well, you're gibbering a load of bollocks about a police state, so I wondered where you were witnessing this. I've had a quick look through your posts and it appears that you actually live in France. Is that correct?

I live in North Cardiff. At the moment I'm still working every day. Although I wouldn't classify myself a key worker, some of the work the government agency I'm employed by does is crucial to the UK's maritime industry and the safety of the public. Therefore, I've volunteered to go into work each morning and get things up and running so that 40 of our 43 staff can work from home during these difficult times.

I'm getting dropped into work by my partner each morning and then walking home mid-afternoon through the streets of Splott, Cathays, Heath, Birchgrove and Rhiwbina. The journey takes me about an hour and a half. On my travels in and out of work and on my trips to the local supermarkets to shop for my elderly parents, I haven't seen a single policeman or police vehicle at any stage. Not one. I've seen a few members of the public acting like idiots, but no policemen whatsoever.
    Yeah, that was my thought on the OP. He was scaremongering about France a few days ago.

Does the UK Government have the powers to instruct those deemed at risk and non-essential to the cause to stay 24/7 within our homes - receiving food delivered by authorized agencies ? - ie a full, 24/7 complete lockdown

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Does the UK Government have the powers to instruct those deemed at risk and non-essential to the cause to stay 24/7 within our homes - receiving food delivered by authorized agencies ? - ie a full, 24/7 complete lockdown
    No idea. I haven't studied the emergency legislation in any detail.

No idea. I haven't studied the emergency legislation in any detail.
    Nor have 99.9% incl. myself.

My views are mine and probably differ to the vast majority, but when coppers who have hidden away from protecting us against criminals are screeching through helicopter loudspeakers at law-abiding people walking quietly along a country lane, I would suggest that we aren't living in a free, democratic society.

My views are mine and probably differ to the vast majority, but when coppers who have hidden away from protecting us against criminals are screeching through helicopter loudspeakers at law-abiding people walking quietly along a country lane, I would suggest that we aren't living in a free, democratic society.
    So protecting us from criminals is OK but stopping people from possibly spreading a virus that can kill other people isn't.

How is it undemocratic?

Banned

No mate, we are living in a society where, in the last 24 hours, 209 families have lost a loved one through coronavirus. We are living in a society where doctors are having to decide which of two patients gets a ventilator - even when both have a chance of survival. We are living in a society where schools closed on Friday and on the Saturday ****tards with the same mindset as you exercised their "liberty" by congregating at seasides and mountain climbs. We are living in a society where people assume the following
    1) I am young, I will not get ill (and think nothing of the spread)
    2) This is a free country, I can do what I want
    3) This problem will go away naturally

My parents have not left their house for 15 days, such is our collective fear of one of them getting sick and knowing that, in the queue for a ventilator, they will be at the back. Shit, we even contemplated trying to catch the disease early so that we could beat the rush.

We are living with the Government paying people's wages. My neighbour is off work for 2 months - his wages being paid by the Government. Yet, when the Government asks us to make little sacrifices to make this thing go away quicker, and with fewer deaths, we get complete wankers complaining that law abiding citizens (that does not equate to responsible citizens) are not living in a free and democratic society. I suggest your views will change if someone you love gets struck down by this - and I sincerely hope you leave this unscathed.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    No mate, we are living in a society where, in the last 24 hours, 209 families have lost a loved one through coronavirus. We are living in a society where doctors are having to decide which of two patients gets a ventilator - even when both have a chance of survival. We are living in a society where schools closed on Friday and on the Saturday ****tards with the same mindset as you exercised their "liberty" by congregating at seasides and mountain climbs. We are living in a society where people assume the following

My parents have not left their house for 15 days, such is our collective fear of one of them getting sick and knowing that, in the queue for a ventilator, they will be at the back. Shit, we even contemplated trying to catch the disease early so that we could beat the rush.

We are living with the Government paying people's wages. My neighbour is off work for 2 months - his wages being paid by the Government. Yet, when the Government asks us to make little sacrifices to make this thing go away quicker, and with fewer deaths, we get complete wankers complaining that law abiding citizens (that does not equate to responsible citizens) are not living in a free and democratic society. I suggest your views will change if someone you love gets struck down by this - and I sincerely hope you leave this unscathed.
    Well said.

Well said there are some right idiots about who cannot grasp how serious this virus is. if one of those walkers had fallen I bet they would have been straight on to 999 plus when one does it others will think it's okay and this lockdown will be extended as a result.

Well put

Brilliant post

When and where did this happen?