+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wales On Sunday putting the boot in

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Wales On Sunday putting the boot in

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Yes,why?
    I find such a claim utterly astonishing.

I don't for a minute believe there was any racist chanting at Reading yesterday. Sounds like utter nonsense to me. However, since the mid-Seventies when I began following City, I've encountered racism at City matches on countless occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

I don't for a minute believe there was any racist chanting at Reading yesterday. Sounds like utter nonsense to me. However, since the mid-Seventies when I began following City, I've encountered racism at City matches on countless occasions.
    In fairness, I've never heard anything from City fans, but I guess individual experiences etc. I don't doubt that there are occasional isolated incidents, like there will be at every club around the world, unfortunately.

I have however heard racism at one Wales game, which sticks out so much as I've never heard racism at a football match prior to that and since. Don't doubt it happens, but I also, have never heard any City fans being racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    In fairness, I've never heard anything from City fans, but I guess individual experiences etc. I don't doubt that there are occasional isolated incidents, like there will be at every club around the world, unfortunately.

I have however heard racism at one Wales game, which sticks out so much as I've never heard racism at a football match prior to that and since. Don't doubt it happens, but I also, have never heard any City fans being racist.
    Thankfully, it's something that has gradually reduced as time has passed. However, I find it genuinely amazing that any City fans of long standing claim to have never heard or witnessed racism at matches. As I said above, I've witnessed it countless times and have even been a victim of it on several occasions, although that was as far back as the Eighties and early-Nineties.

It's something that thankfully seems to be more and more rare, but it's still there. Indeed, the last time I witnessed any racism at a game was as recently as 2017 at Wolves when I heard a black steward being racially abused by a small group of young morons on their way out of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

All the lads went home and away with were from different ethnic groups we had a great mix of colour.Still see a few of them now.J ammo came in the canton x recently.