+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Burnley play twice at home before we have our next game

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Burnley play twice at home before we have our next game

Quote Originally Posted by Cretin Hop View Post
    It's City's own fault for not beating them on our patch last September.

They have managed to get points off the top 6 clubs. In fact they were unlucky not to get all 3 at OT but equally they were lucky to beat Spurs.

The same incidentally with Southampton, they beat both Arsenal and Spurs.

Unless City can get anything off the top teams whom they still have to play (highly unlikely) then that would mean 0 points out of 36 versus Man C, Man U, Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool and Chelsea.
    Significantly, all of the five sides immediately above us have picked up points against the top six. We gave Arsenal two good games, but can anyone honestly say that there was any time in the second half of our matches against the other five that you thought we could get something out of the game? As mentioned earlier, it's the nature of our performances against Spurs, Chelsea, the Manchester clubs and Liverpool that has been almost as disappointing as the results themselves - I reckon if we play with the intensity in our next game that we showed in our last one, we've got a chance of getting something against Chelsea, but we've been like a side that was beaten before a ball was kicked in all of our matches against the five sides I mentioned earlier (I'd say that's what we've been guilty of, rather than not trying).

One other thing, perhaps if we would have treated the FA Cup with some seriousness we might not be having all of these long breaks between fixtures - look how damaging the last one was to us.

Re: Burnley play twice at home before we have our next game

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Significantly, all of the five sides immediately above us have picked up points against the top six. We gave Arsenal two good games, but can anyone honestly say that there was any time in the second half of our matches against the other five that you thought we could get something out of the game? As mentioned earlier, it's the nature of our performances against Spurs, Chelsea, the Manchester clubs and Liverpool that has been almost as disappointing as the results themselves - I reckon if we play with the intensity in our next game that we showed in our last one, we've got a chance of getting something against Chelsea, but we've been like a side that was beaten before a ball was kicked in all of our matches against the five sides I mentioned earlier (I'd say that's what we've been guilty of, rather than not trying).

One other thing, perhaps if we would have treated the FA Cup with some seriousness we might not be having all of these long breaks between fixtures - look how damaging the last one was to us.

We need some of that how did Newcastle beat Man City juice, along with a dose of how Burnely and saints beat spurs....those results might well be the difference this season.