+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Canada EU trade agreement

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Canada EU trade agreement

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Failed to pass yet again, apparently it was blocked by Walloons.

Depending on your political stance on brexit, this either shows why we are better off out of the eu so we can make our own agreement without bowing down to the pesky Walloons or shows that getting the eu to agree to any terms with us will be a nightmare process and we will suffer as a result.
    Isn't it mad how wallonia, a region of Belgium, can block an EU deal yet Wales, a country within the UK has no say over the brexit terms. This is the difference in unions, and why for me the EU is far more desirable than the UK

Quote Originally Posted by tommy31 View Post
    Isn't it mad how wallonia, a region of Belgium, can block an EU deal yet Wales, a country within the UK has no say over the brexit terms. This is the difference in unions, and why for me the EU is far more desirable than the UK
    Wales voted to leave the EU, the majority of the Welsh people voted to leave the EU so you're in the minority on that one. Also we will have a say on the Brexit terms, Carwyn was with May today.

Oh by the way, ask the Greeks what happens when you go against the will of the EU... it gets forced on you anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird since 1948 View Post
    Wales voted to leave the EU, the majority of the Welsh people voted to leave the EU so you're in the minority on that one. Also we will have a say on the Brexit terms, Carwyn was with May today.

Oh by the way, ask the Greeks what happens when you go against the will of the EU... it gets forced on you anyway.
    Carwyn meets a lot of people. Doesn't mean he gets a say.

So the Canada deal is being passed today is it?

Carwyn meets a lot of people. Doesn't mean he gets a say.

So the Canada deal is being passed today is it?
    He will have had his say today, they all did. Carwyn is against Brexit though even though the majority of the people he governs want it. I cringe when he and Leanne Wood try and play grievance politics in regards to Brexit, it doesn't work.

Probably not but if the Greek referendum is anything to go by the Walloons will be ignored.

He will have had his say today, they all did. Carwyn is against Brexit though even though the majority of the people he governs want it. I cringe when he and Leanne Wood try and play grievance politics in regards to Brexit, it doesn't work.

Probably not but if the Greek referendum is anything to go by the Walloons will be ignored.
    Do you think the PM and her team will listen to what carwyn wants?

Do you think the PM and her team will listen to what carwyn wants?
    No they will listen to what the people of Wales want. Can you stop pretending Wales voted to remain? Get your head out of the sand, the people of Wales want to leave the EU. Carwyn has had a meeting with Mrs May today, he may or may not be listened to but he will certainly be ignored if he continues to pretend Wales voted to remain.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Carwyn seems to have forgotten that the people that voted him back into power again (18 years of Labour rule !!) are the same ones that voted to LEAVE the EU.

So Jones needs to act on the mandate that Welsh people voted for - whether they were right or wrong - they gave Jones the mandate - which he and Leanne Wood are now ingoring.
    To be fair to Leanne wood, her party has the highest percentage of remain voters of all uk parties. I don't know the stats off the top of my head for labour, I'll find them tomorrow.

No they will listen to what the people of Wales want. Can you stop pretending Wales voted to remain? Get your head out of the sand, the people of Wales want to leave the EU. Carwyn has had a meeting with Mrs May today, he may or may not be listened to but he will certainly be ignored if he continues to pretend Wales voted to remain.
    What are you on about? its easy to claim someone doesn't respect the vote, but it's just empty rhetoric here. Would be better if you argued my points instead of assuming things.
    Irrelevant of how Wales voted, we should still get a say. Why shouldn't we?

what can we buy from Canada, thought it was "dry "