+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Jewish group walks away from Labour

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Jewish group walks away from Labour

Official statistics estimate there to be under 300000 Jewish people living in England and Wales, that equates to about .53% of the population.

Given that possibly a third of those are children, not all will refuse to vote Labour and that the vast majority are concentrated in a select few Tory leaning constituencies, will it make any material difference to the overall result of the election if these people choose not to vote Labour?

Also, given that the overwhelming majority live in these Tory leaning constituencies then for tactical reasons it will probably help the cause immensely if they vote Lib Dem, assuming that as previous Labour voters they would baulk at voting Tory.

Hooray we might be able to get rid of this dreadful Government at last.

Re: Jewish group walks away from Labour

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Official statistics estimate there to be under 300000 Jewish people living in England and Wales, that equates to about .53% of the population.

Given that possibly a third of those are children, not all will refuse to vote Labour and that the vast majority are concentrated in a select few Tory leaning constituencies, will it make any material difference to the overall result of the election if these people choose not to vote Labour?

Also, given that the overwhelming majority live in these Tory leaning constituencies then for tactical reasons it will probably help the cause immensely if they vote Lib Dem, assuming that as previous Labour voters they would baulk at voting Tory.

Hooray we might be able to get rid of this dreadful Government at last.

Interesting that you've been studying the demographics and keeping a list of where Jews live.

I think the point is that most decent people of all religions and cultures will refuse to support the marginalisation of Jews. Perhaps I am wrong - it happened in Germany - but I hope Britain is different in this respect