+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rainbow Hat Lady

Re: Rainbow Hat Lady

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Do you really think, that once the WC has finished that in Qatar, there going to announce they have got it wrong?
    There is no democracy in the Arab states in the middle East, her gesture won't be shown on Qatar TV, so what real difference do you think it will make?

Do you think Shake rattle and roll or whoever's it is, will give a shiny shite what anyone in the Western world thinks?

FIFA awarded Qatar the WC, and any notion of corruption was investigated and dismissed by

FIFA!!!!!!

The whole thing is a complete nonsense and neither FIFA or who ever stumps up the most cash will give a toss, about anything else once it's over!

North Korea would win a bid if they wanted to hold it
    I don't think that the world cup will be held in any Arab states with discriminatory laws in the future

It's enough of an issue for FIFA to be on the ropes about it

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    They see the West as morally corrupt. They aren’t going to take lectures from the West on how to run their country as we wouldn’t from them.
    Yet they want to host sports events that were created, established and developed in the West. They want to import what they regard as useful to them. They want to host an international competition followed by millions if not billions of people from all kinds of backgrounds.

They want to have their cake and eat it. They want to exclude but not be excluded.

I am not about interventionism by any means, or spreading the good word of democracy and western values but if you want into the club , which they clearly do, then they have to be able to accommodate every single member of that club.

Nobody forced this upon them yet they (and others) have the audacity to moan about racism and hypocrisy. This is not about being lectured, it's about basic decency and tolerance when you voluntarily put yourself forward as a host for an international sporting competition.

I really think some people are barking up the wrong tree.

F.A,W. to raise the 'issue' with FIFA

https://news.sky.com/story/wales-fan...match-12752826

All getting a bit trivial and juvenile now.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I don't think that the world cup will be held in any Arab states with discriminatory laws in the future

There are no morals or scruples when it comes to ££££ they will award another one to the Arab world as half of their neighbouring countries will look at this and think they could do a better job
    I wouldn't bet against Saudi Arabia or Kuwait bidding for one.
    China or outer Mongolia would be in with a chance if they threw enough cash at it

The point is being lost here though, because these are just opinions, the reality is, if you feel that strongly about something, don't go to a country that has a completely different opinion of your views and expect them to fall in line with your way of thinking.

As I've said before, the time for protest was in 2010 when a country who had never qualified for a WC, won 🤣 the right to host it.

Nothing to do with the stoning gay people......all about the optics.

https://www.humandignitytrust.org/co...profile/qatar/

What did the new BBC political editor Gary Lineker have to say about it?

Quote Originally Posted by theclaw View Post
    At the end of the Qatar has its own laws like every other country and when going to that country obey them or face the consequences.I’m not saying Qatar should have been given The World Cup but they did and anyone going aware of any issues breaking the law whether you agree with or not.
    Next World Cup is partly in America so no point going over there and drinking in a bar if your under 21,against the law.
    Simple.
    Is it against the law to wear a multi-coloured hat in Qatar? Or are they just making it up as they go along?

There are no morals or scruples when it comes to ££££ they will award another one to the Arab world as half of their neighbouring countries will look at this and think they could do a better job
    I wouldn't bet against Saudi Arabia or Kuwait bidding for one.
    China or outer Mongolia would be in with a chance if they threw enough cash at it

The point is being lost here though, because these are just opinions, the reality is, if you feel that strongly about something, don't go to a country that has a completely different opinion of your views and expect them to fall in line with your way of thinking.

As I've said before, the time for protest was in 2010 when a country who had never qualified for a WC, won 🤣 the right to host it.
    I don't think for one minute the people making a stand are expecting to change backward medieval laws , they are trying to ensure that the tournament isn't held there again

I think they are doing more than Lineker and his lot

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    What did the new BBC political editor Gary Lineker have to say about it?
    He's done nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    Is it against the law to wear a multi-coloured hat in Qatar? Or are they just making it up as they go along?
    Of course they are which is why these small victories all add up

He's done nothing
    That's not true, I heard he checks his bank balance everyday for any new Qatar related income.

It was clearly set up

She's put the hat on and walked in knowing she would be stopped and it would make the news

I think she should be praised for highlighting the whole ridiculous situation

I take my hat off to her , if you will pardon the expression
    Definitely a set up from a technical perspective, due to the multi-camera angle footage.

All the players , all the fans , travel agents , TV companies

All guilty of hypocrisy

To a greater or lesser extent

And so are we who are watching at home really

But people prepared to protest , even if others are saying its virtue signalling ? Good on em , they get my vote

Laura McCallister is a welsh gay woman who loves football and with her friends has made a stand at the world cup and put this issue global .....

Can't fault it

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Definitely a set up from a technical perspective, due to the multi-camera angle footage.
    No doubt about it but I couldn't care less , well done to em

With respect I think her going over to Qatar and walking into the stadium and face getting ejected , or worse , is to be applauded

I think that takes a lot of guts and I don't think she made herself look foolish at all
    Alternatively she could have just gone and watched the football, I don't know the sexual orientation of the people who sit behind me or in front of me, when I go to the City, and neither do I want to

It's there business not mine, if you're going to a Pride match wear something to show it, if you're going to football wear your team colours.

Why go all the way there at such an expense and risk not getting in to watch Wales in the WC, for the first time in 64 years.

It was a foolish act, which thankfully didn't end up worse for her.

Alternatively she could have just gone and watched the football, I don't know the sexual orientation of the people who sit behind me or in front of me, when I go to the City, and neither do I want to

It's there business not mine, if you're going to a Pride match wear something to show it, if you're going to football wear your team colours.

Why go all the way there at such an expense and risk not getting in to watch Wales in the WC, for the first time in 64 years.

It was a foolish act, which thankfully didn't end up worse for her.
    Well I think it shows the bravery of the lgbt community

I am not bothered by anyone's sexuality but if they are discriminated against then it's everybody's problem

If someone shouts racist abuse its up to those of us who can to challenge it

She and her mates have done this not just for gay people but for all discrimination and I support them

I am not bothered by anyone's sexuality but if they are discriminated against then it's everybody's problem

She and her mates have done this not just for gay people but for all discrimination and I support them
    You're off on a different tangent
    Qatar were awarded the WC in 2010, the same laws applied there then, as they do now.
    Its not our country, it's not how we think, it's there country and their aws, it doesn't matter what we think, those are the facts

They should never have been allowed to bid for it never mind get it, but to go there to draw attention to yourself in a country where you could just be locked up for months, was foolhardy imho.

You're not standing up for any community by highlighting something that was already widely known

The best approach would have been a mass boycott, and that would never happen as most people seem to not give a toss either way

These little acts of defiance and protest need to be filmed and shared widely. I see now that the FAW have put rainbow corners flags in at their training base aswell to keep delivering the message.

I dont think though that these little acts are just aimed at Qatar. There will always be countries and regimes that have different rules and ideologies. This time the acts are equally aimed at FIFA for their levels of corruption and for awarding the tournament to Qatar in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    These little acts of defiance and protest need to be filmed and shared widely. I see now that the FAW have put rainbow corners flags in at their training base aswell to keep delivering the message.

I dont think though that these little acts are just aimed at Qatar. There will always be countries and regimes that have different rules and ideologies. This time the acts are equally aimed at FIFA for their levels of corruption and for awarding the tournament to Qatar in the first place.
    I agree that any protests / defiant acts should be aimed at FIFA (why do they even exist ) not Qatar. The tournament was awarded 12 years ago and FIFA knew the laws of the host country when the bidding process was undertaken.

This is where you’re full of shit. In another thread you wanted unvaccinated people ( who have a multitude of reasons not to have the jab) to work against their will in hospitals cleaning etc. That my friend is discrimination

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    This is where you’re full of shit. In another thread you wanted unvaccinated people ( who have a multitude of reasons not to have the jab) to work against their will in hospitals cleaning etc. That my friend is discrimination
    I wanted unvaccinated people who were unvaccinated because of their stupid feckwit conspiracy beliefs .....the likes of you maybe .....based upon Google searches ......to be absolutely in the front line as these clowns put everyone at risk

You are not up to speed on this ......gay people do not choose their sexuality but idiots who refuse a vaccine and put others at risk simply because of stupid fantasy crap most certainly do exercise their choice

To group gay people and anti vaxx idiots together shows up your own stupidity . If a young woman doesn't take a vaccine because an existing health condition she has makes it dangerous that's an entirely different matter .

You're off on a different tangent
    Qatar were awarded the WC in 2010, the same laws applied there then, as they do now.
    Its not our country, it's not how we think, it's there country and their aws, it doesn't matter what we think, those are the facts

They should never have been allowed to bid for it never mind get it, but to go there to draw attention to yourself in a country where you could just be locked up for months, was foolhardy imho.

You're not standing up for any community by highlighting something that was already widely known

The best approach would have been a mass boycott, and that would never happen as most people seem to not give a toss either way
    I know it could have been dangerous for them , even greater reason for them to be praised for their actions . They are not trying to change homosexuality laws in Qatar .....if they were they would be wasting their time .....they are I assume digging away at FIFA

I know it could have been dangerous for them , even greater reason for them to be praised for their actions . They are not trying to change homosexuality laws in Qatar .....if they were they would be wasting their time .....they are I assume digging away at FIFA
    Maybe a better way would have been a boycott of sponsors products, but again all this should have been done in 2010
    By buying the ticket and flying in there, you're taking part in the whole charade
    Saying bollocks to it and not going was what should have happened.
    I'll leave it there now as otherwise we just go round in circles

I wanted unvaccinated people who were unvaccinated because of their stupid feckwit conspiracy beliefs .....the likes of you maybe .....based upon Google searches ......to be absolutely in the front line as these clowns put everyone at risk

You are not up to speed on this ......gay people do not choose their sexuality but idiots who refuse a vaccine and put others at risk simply because of stupid fantasy crap most certainly do exercise their choice

To group gay people and anti vaxx idiots together shows up your own stupidity . If a young woman doesn't take a vaccine because an existing health condition she has makes it dangerous that's an entirely different matter .
    Not having a vax by an individual does not put others at risk …. It doesn’t prevent transmission. You are clearly are thicker than I thought.

You go ahead with your forced Labour beliefs for the unvaccinated and your views are discriminatory.

Bridgend Bluebird
    Lives in Pont canton