+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Operation Yellowhammer

Operation Yellowhammer

Government has released documents relating to what it's now calling "HMG Reasonable Worst Case Planning Assumptions" but what was a month ago called "BASE SCENARIO"

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...dsom-live-news

Re: Operation Yellowhammer

I'm 100% backing Boris but I'm not 100% backing his own government's analysis.....

Sky news is reporting that it's the worst case scenario and not the base scenario.

We have the worst case scenario
    Boris fecking Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Sky news is reporting that it's the worst case scenario and not the base scenario.
    Sky news are reporting that it is titled worse case scenario, and not titled base scenario (which it appears to have been titled previously)

I guess people will see what they want to see (and I include myself in that)

If that's the worst case scenario, then it's no cause for panic IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Well I for one will sleep a lot better now that you've cast your eye over it and concluded it's OK.

First Team

Riddle me this: if the SR consequences of a no deal exit are so negligible, why is a no deal exit held as such a bargaining chip with the EU by the leaver tools?

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I'm 100% backing Boris but I'm not 100% backing his own government's analysis.....
    Johnson = 100% loser dick

Worst case scenario, base scenario? Whatever. None of it sounds like something anyone would want to vote for. Each to their own I suppose, but I wouldn't fancy it.

I’m so pleased you have no loved ones who need care, medical supplies or drives a truck...or is Irish.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    I’m so pleased you have no loved ones who need care, medical supplies or drives a truck...or is Irish.
    Yet another panic merchant. Feared of the day you’ve never seen.
    Just as the UK were pioneers in inventing the telephone, television etc, we will prove to be pioneers in escaping the clutches of a debt ridden, power hungry all consuming “club for the boys’, called the EU. We’ll be the 1st to leave, but we won’t be the last.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Just as the UK were pioneers in inventing the telephone, television etc, we will prove to be pioneers in escaping the clutches of a debt ridden, power hungry all consuming “club for the boys’, called the EU. We’ll be the 1st to leave, but we won’t be the last.
    Not sure if serious, but...

You say "we", but you've mentioned just two people by way of example, and they are both dead. So those guys won't be around to invent us out of trouble.

What's the worst case scenario when you get out of bed in the morning?

Government has to plan for worst case scenarios. It already has procedures in place for every natural disaster you could think of also.

We're British, at worst we will form an orderly queue to get a single loaf of bread, no two for one deals for a while and maybe some organised pavement shuffling by remain and leave debating teams.

Let project fear commence.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Not sure if serious, but...

You say "we", but you've mentioned just two people by way of example, and they are both dead. So those guys won't be around to invent us out of trouble.
    The trouble is in your mind, and others like you.
    Nobody is saying it’s gonna be smooth sailing. A big change is always gonna have teething problems, and some will suffer more than others while we get used to it, but that’s happened since time began.

it’s the blitz spirit lads!

This is the base case, if you’re happy for people to die for the U.K. to be in a situation which so far has zero discernable benefits fair enough.

This is what will happen if we get no deal. There is no panicking about it and it’s why it’s important that we get a deal.

No one at the time voted for a no deal and anyone saying they did is a liar.

But hey at least hedge funds directly related to boris johnson have placed £8.3bn on a no deal Brexit happening.

The trouble is in your mind, and others like you.
    Nobody is saying it’s gonna be smooth sailing. A big change is always gonna have teething problems, and some will suffer more than others while we get used to it, but that’s happened since time began.
    What are the benefits that will offset this then?

What will the country gain from a no deal Brexit?

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Government has to plan for worst case scenarios. It already has procedures in place for every natural disaster you could think of also.

We're British, at worst we will form an orderly queue to get a single loaf of bread, no two for one deals for a while and maybe some organised pavement shuffling by remain and leave debating teams.

If no deal happens this isn’t project fear this is reality mate.

We are Britain and the actual case is people who rely on certain drugs will die because we can’t get them.

The U.K. imports 99.7% of its insulin. If you are happy for people who have something simple like diabetes to die fair enough.

But I hope you can tell me something positive that will come from this to offset people literally dying?

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    it’s the blitz spirit lads!

This is the base case, if you’re happy for people to die for the U.K. to be in a situation which so far has zero discernable benefits fair enough.

This is what will happen if we get no deal. There is no panicking about it and it’s why it’s important that we get a deal.

No one at the time voted for a no deal and anyone saying they did is a liar.

But hey at least hedge funds directly related to boris johnson have placed £8.3bn on a no deal Brexit happening.
    What a drama queen 😁

What a drama queen 😁
    It’s facts mate. If you would prefer to believe the Tory party and their billionaire propagandists over doctors, economists, and business fair enough.

I still don’t get why people are so desperate for this yet have not one positive reason to leave and are happy to ignore all the facts of a no deal.

During the referendum people were saying how important the single market was and now they don’t mind people dying as long as we leave. Ive never seen brainwashing like it.

Genghis Khan was shit hot too. Hows Mongolia shaping up nowadays?

This does sum it up. People unable to accept the world has moved on and we're not a super power of the future.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    It’s facts mate. If you would prefer to believe the Tory party and their billionaire propagandists over doctors, economists, and business fair enough.

I still don’t get why people are so desperate for this yet have not one positive reason to leave and are happy to ignore all the facts of a no deal.

During the referendum people were saying how important the single market was and now they don’t mind people dying as long as we leave. Ive never seen brainwashing like it.
    The people who are pushing it have successfully managed to get brexit and no deal to be seen as equal. They're nothing of the sort, which is why in the campaign everyone from Farage down said we'd get a deal (Norway, Canada, etc). NOT ONE of them was selling no deal, but now they are making out that we were always at war with Eurasia. It's incredible to see happening in real time.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post

Have you forgotten the fuel shortage?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Genghis Khan was shit hot too. Hows Mongolia shaping up nowadays?

This does sum it up. People unable to accept the world has moved on and we're not a super power of the future.
    The knots Leavers are now having to tie themselves in to try to justify their original decision would be hilarious if it wasn't such a serious situation.

Can anyone say that they had fully considered the fact that there may be shortages of crucial medicines for some patients as a result of us leaving the EU when they cast their vote Leave vote in 2016 - truthful answers would be appreciated as opposed to the usual "party line" stuff.