+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Disloyal supporters

Re: Disloyal supporters

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Why do people have such a negative reaction to discussion on here? It's the same in any topic, everyone sees anyone saying something they disagree with as a peronal attack.
    The thing is Croesy we have raised a younger generation, the majority of which, is unable to debate with anyone who has a different view from themselves. Where are the school debating societies we older generation had where reasoned thoughts for a particular view could be expressed and debated?

Now if anyone dare hold a different view they can't cope and resort to being critical of the person because they don't have the faculties of debating. Clearly not all would fall into this category but, after over 30 years of teaching, it concerns me greatly what the education system is increasingly producing.

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post
    The thing is Croesy we have raised a younger generation, the majority of which, is unable to debate with anyone who has a different view from themselves. Where are the school debating societies we older generation had where reasoned thoughts for a particular view could be expressed and debated?

Now if anyone dare hold a different view they can't cope and resort to being critical of the person because they don't have the faculties of debating. Clearly not all would fall into this category but, after over 30 years of teaching, it concerns me greatly what the education system is increasingly producing.

StT.
    <><
    Out of interest how do you know the ages of people on this board?

You're joking, aren't you?

Those who seem unable to accept criticism of the manager or debate the issues in a sensible manner are generally the older generation, not the youngsters - Valley Boy and dml whatever his name is being prime examples.

I thought messageboards were the place to air grievances, worries & indeed praise & compliments. Obviously extremes either way are open to ridicule. Fanzines & then messageboards have become a breath of fresh air in enabling us to question the club/manager/players. The days of the club programme being the ultimate ‘everything’s ok’ propaganda machine and a piss poor 4th division team running out embarrassingly to ‘Simply The Best’ are long gone thank God.

League position wise we are 4 places above where we were when Warnock took over.

Yes, he took us up and did a great job doing so but we also came straight back down and at times during the relegation was found wanting. Fulham away being the glaring example.

Announcing he will retire at the end of this season has harmed our recruiting drive I feel. Why would a player sign for a club and manager where they might be surplus to requirements in 9 months time? I also think it has had a negative effect on the mental side of the players at the club also. The announcement and the timing of it has created uncertainty and a negative air when it wasn't needed.

The reasons I think he should have walked at the end of last season were -
    1) I think that his brand of football has been (or is well on the way to being) found out and nullified with ease.
    2) He does not seem to have a plan B when we are nullified and seemingly get beaten when teams work us out.
    3) The time he is here now is time that could be used by another manager to assess what is here and work out what he needs to bring in. Let's be honest when Warnock goes there will be a manager who wants to play a different way and it will be a case of rip it up and start again. Warnock's swan song season was ideally seen as one where he would challenge for yet another promotion.

Put bluntly if we do not look like getting a promotion then leaving Warnock at the helm is wasting time that could be used a lot better by the next man in. People say be careful what you wish for but he is going in May regardless so surely the decision on a new man will be made at some point in the near future anyway. Whether I have faith in those in power positions at the club to pick a competent successor is another thing entirely though. I think Warnock's appointment and subsequent success was a stroke of luck and an exception to the rule given what they picked prior to him.

Quote Originally Posted by valley boy View Post
    The disloyalty shown to Neil Warnock by a section of armchair managers is beyond belief.
    Amazing, isn't it? I mean, how can any Cardiff City fan possibly have anything but undying loyalty for a man who has previously managed Gainsborough Trinity, Burton Albion, Scarborough, Notts County, Torquay United, Huddersfield Town, Plymouth Argyle, Oldham Athletic, Bury, Sheffield United, Crystal Palace, QPR, Leeds United and Rotherham United?

It's madness, I tell you, madness.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Amazing, isn't it? I mean, how can any Cardiff City fan possibly have anything but undying loyalty for a man who has previously managed Gainsborough Trinity, Burton Albion, Scarborough, Notts County, Torquay United, Huddersfield Town, Plymouth Argyle, Oldham Athletic, Bury, Sheffield United, Crystal Palace, QPR, Leeds United and Rotherham United?

Touché!

You're joking, aren't you?

Those who seem unable to accept criticism of the manager or debate the issues in a sensible manner are generally the older generation, not the youngsters - Valley Boy and dml whatever his name is being prime examples.
    Agreed. I would extend this to most things. People tend to get more set in their ways as they get older and are less willing to budge from whatever nonsense they believe. Not all, of course.

StT.
    <><
    The average age of this board must be about 50 and the older ones are the ones who can't debate without crying.

I bet your parents and grandparents were saying the same about your generation at the time too, don't fall into the trap of repeating this ridiculous stereotype.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    The average age of this board must be about 50 and the older ones are the ones who can't debate without crying.

I bet your parents and grandparents were saying the same about your generation at the time too, don't fall into the trap of repeating this ridiculous stereotype.
    I’m a few years shy of 50 and what I find staggering is my kids and my nephews ability to be able to have balanced and fair conversations.... so bloody annoying how mature and balanced they are.

The disloyalty shown to Neil Warnock by a section of armchair managers is beyond belief.
    Have you forgotten where we were before he arrived the pathetic state the club was in and the promotion he got us on a shoe string budget.not to mention the fact he embraced supporters with fans evenings etc.
    As soon as he needs our backing what does he get from some....... a knife in the back.
    you should be ashamed of yourselves. When the going gets a little bit hard and results[2] dont go our way slag off one of if not the best manager we have ever had....lovely.The way so called supporters turn never ceases to amaze me.The only comfort I have is that it is a minority who as usual make the most noise.
    Take a day off chaps get behind the team and lets see what happens.
    What Neil Warnock must be thinking I can only imagine.
    Get some loyalty and backbone.
    We were in about the same position as we are now.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    We were in about the same position as we are now.
    After 3 matches, as far as the league table goes. Off the pitch I'd say we were better off.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I have never understood why it is somehow cowardly to criticise the club or someone employed by it, can you put me right on this please?
    Exactly. It's more cowardly to not speak out.

StT.
    <><
    That’s great, but it doesnt seem just a young person issue in this board as many that seem older also fall into this category

DtW.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Exactly. It's more cowardly to not speak out.
    We have some fans who don't generally have an opinion on football but turn up week in, week out to sing and make lots of noise to get behind the team.

Have you forgotten where we were before he arrived the pathetic state the club was in and the promotion he got us on a shoe string budget.not to mention the fact he embraced supporters with fans evenings etc.
    As soon as he needs our backing what does he get from some....... a knife in the back.
    you should be ashamed of yourselves. When the going gets a little bit hard and results[2] dont go our way slag off one of if not the best manager we have ever had....lovely.The way so called supporters turn never ceases to amaze me.The only comfort I have is that it is a minority who as usual make the most noise.
    Take a day off chaps get behind the team and lets see what happens.
    What Neil Warnock must be thinking I can only imagine.
    Get some loyalty and backbone.

Excellent points . It's exactly the same group of kids who can't be civil in a discussion and who know bugger all about football except what they've picked up from tv pundits and playing that computer game they seem to like.
    Mind you, that performance was atrocious and there are big problems with the team, but Sir Neil knows enough about the game to put that right and he deserves our support for what he's done for the club even when things don't go smoothly.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    We have some fans who don't generally have an opinion on football but turn up week in, week out to sing and make lots of noise to get behind the team.
    I don't think there's anything wrong with that, but I also think criticising the team on here is fine too. The football discussion has been great since the season started.

I've been a huge fan of NW. As someone posted earlier, last season was a pass.
    However, how many players has he signed and they're soon surplus to requirements? It seems we have to buy 4 to get one good one.
    A multi million £ winger who can't get on the pitch. A full back loaned out. 2 forwards who can't get a game etc etc. Is it all down to the players?
    If we win 4 games on trot he'll be the messiah again.
    Its the manner in which we are losing worries me.
    NW said he'll go at the end of the season. A few more defeats and our season will be over.

Why wait?

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    I expect us to be challenging for promotion. Anything less and he will be getting criticism. Warnock is not beyond criticism yet there is a section of support who get very delicate when anyone dare to. Tough.
    I would be happy with a good performance every game

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    I've been a huge fan of NW. As someone posted earlier, last season was a pass.
    However, how many players has he signed and they're soon surplus to requirements? It seems we have to buy 4 to get one good one.
    A multi million £ winger who can't get on the pitch. A full back loaned out. 2 forwards who can't get a game etc etc. Is it all down to the players?
    If we win 4 games on trot he'll be the messiah again.
    Its the manner in which we are losing worries me.
    NW said he'll go at the end of the season. A few more defeats and our season will be over.

Why wait?
    I don’t think his heart is in it for the season I’ll be honest.

Which is a shame as we’ve potentially missed the chance to bring in a long term option.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    I would be happy with a good performance every game
    Fair enough. I'll be happy with 3 points. A good performance is a bonus.

Just to add, it’s not just because we are losing either. I think there are more than a few who can see the problem with our team/performances when we won as well.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Excellent points . It's exactly the same group of kids who can't be civil in a discussion and who know bugger all about football except what they've picked up from tv pundits and playing that computer game they seem to like.
    Mind you, that performance was atrocious and there are big problems with the team, but Sir Neil knows enough about the game to put that right and he deserves our support for what he's done for the club even when things don't go smoothly.
    Why does he deserve our support now? He got us promoted which was great, but then he got us relegated which was not. Now we're sitting near the foot of the table. How long do we have to wait after one dismal season in the EPL before we're allowed to voice our displeasure at our current situation?