Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
Anyone played a Brian May? I tried one at A Strings in ponty (Andrew is my favourite dealer around S Wales, recommend a visit) and thought it was amazing. Couldn't believe the range of tones just by flicking a switch on the body.
From experience I have found A Strings a bit useless, when I went in with my Jazz hollowbody for a setup (I phoned beforehand as well) the guy took a look and said yeah not much we can do really, that's the best it'll be. Now I know guitars very well and I damn well knew it could be a lot better.

Then the main guy, Andrew, just went off on the phone and said I'll be back in 5 mins - half hour later he wasn't. The younger guy moved the floating bridge a couple times and said yeah this is great now, bollocks was it. I said I would pay for the time anyway and he said buy a couple packs of strings to cover it, which came to 30 feckin quid.

Got it set up in Blackwood and it now plays like it should do. On another note, Took my Strat Elite (2016) to Gareth in Cardiff as I was recommended by a few people and he did feck all on that as well. The problem I had with fret buzz was still there 10 days later with no difference, I said this at the time and he gave me a load of bullshit and said £78 please. Daylight robbery here guys.