+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Great spirit - that's what will keep us up

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Great spirit - that's what will keep us up

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I think the phrase that springs to mind is "one for the purists", but agree with all of that. They looked out of sorts. We wanted it more than them in the end.
    True enough. If we do stay up though, I think we'll do it playing ugly. I also feel we might get most joy against these types of teams though, The teams that are a pretty enough to be a mid table side, but don't necessarily have enough fight to beat us at the CCS. I'm thinking of teams like West Ham, Bournemouth and maybe Everton. It'll probably be even more of a slog against Southampton, Palace and Huddersfield. But, we'll have to take points from all of these games at home. It's going to be a close fought thing but fingers crossed. Tonight is definitely encouraging.

Re: Great spirit - that's what will keep us up

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    True enough. If we do stay up though, I think we'll do it playing ugly. I also feel we might get most joy against these types of teams though, The teams that are a pretty enough to be a mid table side, but don't necessarily have enough fight to beat us at the CCS. I'm thinking of teams like West Ham, Bournemouth and maybe Everton. It'll probably be even more of a slog against Southampton, Palace and Huddersfield. But, we'll have to take points from all of these games at home. It's going to be a close fought thing but fingers crossed. Tonight is definitely encouraging.
    It certainly is.

We're also learning about life at this level. It's easy to forget how much Premier League experience is in the playing staff - virtually none. We wouldn't have won this game 2 months ago, and that's not just down to Wolves' slump. We're a better team than the one that started the season.