+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: "OK" is racist now

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: "OK" is racist now

No, I don't. Or I wouldn't ask.

Do you mean that I believe that it can be used by racist groups to mean something other than OK?

I do because it is.

Do you mean that I think everyone that uses the sign is now making a racist gesture? I do not.

Do you mean that I support its use as such? I do not.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    No, I don't. Or I wouldn't ask.

Do you mean that I believe that it can be used by racist groups to mean something other than OK?

I do because it is.

Do you mean that I think everyone that uses the sign is now making a racist gesture? I do not.

Do you mean that I support its use as such? I do not.
    when CC posted "OK" is racist now "
    you replied " Yes. It is. "

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    when CC posted "OK" is racist now "
    you replied " Yes. It is. "
    Well isn't it? It's being used by racists. As illustrated in the link I posted. What is your point?

I didn't start this thread. All I'm saying is that people have started using this this sign as a racist statement. It doesn't matter how it started or who started it or why. It's become a thing. I have no control over it. I don't use it, but a simple google search will show you that other people do.

Try googling "Mike Cernovich".

OKKK perhaps.

Well isn't it? It's being used by racists. As illustrated in the link I posted. What is your point?

I didn't start this thread. All I'm saying is that people have started using this this sign as a racist statement. It doesn't matter how it started or who started it or why. It's become a thing. I have no control over it. I don't use it, but a simple google search will show you that other people do.

Try googling "Mike Cernovich".
    my point is that if people said " no its not a racist statement " and mocked them, it would soon return to its true meaning, just being OK, imho by people ( like yourself ) saying " yes its a racist statement " it just adds to the problem

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    my point is that if people said " no its not a racist statement " and mocked them, it would soon return to its true meaning, just being OK, imho by people ( like yourself ) saying " yes its a racist statement " it just adds to the problem
    I disagree. If people are using this as some sort of covert "secret handshake" it needs to be acknowledged and they need to be outed.

I think ignoring it adds to the problem.

I disagree. If people are using this as some sort of covert "secret handshake" it needs to be acknowledged and they need to be outed.

I think ignoring it adds to the problem.
    we will have to agree to disagree on that then

as if only the " people in the gang " know about the signal, then it does no harm, when it is brought into the public domain and explained ( as you have ) it imho gives it a legitimacy

Is that the Mike Cernovich that's married to a Persian woman and has a mixed race child? He's an absolutely crap racist if it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Something Blue View Post
    Is that the Mike Cernovich that's married to a Persian woman and has a mixed race child? He's an absolutely crap racist if it is.
    It probably makes him a good one, as fewer people will suspect

It's not really proof one way or another. He could be married to a Persian but still despise Aborigines.

(That's an example, not an accusation btw)

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    It probably makes him a good one, as fewer people will suspect

It's not really proof one way or another. He could be married to a Persian but still despise Aborigines.

(That's an example, not an accusation btw)
    I noticed he's wearing a white shirt. I'm not saying it means anything, but who knows!