Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
This was not just right wing propaganda, this was about Juncker & his mates leaking information which they had no right to divulge & trying to belittle May in the process. I do think that their actions this week though have been more about trying to influence the French election rather than ours - if Le Pen wins this could spell the end for the EU so being seen to take a hard line against the UK could be a way of trying to persuade the French voters that a vote for Macron is a far better course of action.

The stakes are high all round although I do think that an acceptable compromise can be reached on the majority of key issues as long as there is give & take on both sides.
Spot on, and we next have the German elections in September, that's why Merkel is in Russia as we speak, trying to look strong on the world's stage , your right about France and with Germany going to the polls European leaders are looking over their shoulders with worry , they cannot be seen to be handing or being weak on any deal with the UK ,mhence all this recent rhetoric ,May is not divulging the content of her meetings , Juncker & his mates are , which is not the right etiquette, it shows how worried they are , as its timing is apt as France heads to the polls on the 7th .

May will be tested over the next few years , think a strong approach is needed , folk talk about May's behaviour to them , I think theirs has been equally poor and bullish.