Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
Your 4 ex footballers were commenting on the TV pictures.
I don't know or care what they said.
If any of them had a clue they would be managers now, between them they've had a fair few opportunities.

I'd be a hypocrite if I was to take the lines that many have and sttaced Bennett.

I've done similar to him hundreds of times and never been sent off for it. Sometimes I won the ball sometimes I didn't, I don't remember ever seriously hurting a player, it's mostly ended up with the player tripping over my leg and getting up again.
As is normally the case when it's happens in games I watch. Sometimes the tackler gets the worse of it ( remember Gazza)

Mendez Laing survived worse at home to Leeds and Madine away at Leeds.

You seem obsessed by the issue of sending off. I wouldn't have complained if he had, as I have pointed out before, but the problem is people are trying to make out he went in to injure Sane and I don't agree. These days there doesn't seem to be much clarity on what is or isn't- it's just the refs opinion on the day.

As for Ndong then I didn't think that was a sending off at the time, but there is a nasty and dangerous trick some players make of intentionally hitting the top of the ball and following through.

It's a very cynical trick and something most honest players would never do and is intended to injure rather than to stop an opponent ( which was the case with Bennett)

If that was the case then it was far more dangerous and nasty than Bennett's tackle.

As for your 4 footballers 'at the game'. I've no idea if they were or what they said because I was there , not watching on TV, but I've already said what I think of their views.

I'd be a hypocrite if I said otherwise as I've probably done hundreds of tackles like Bennett's, never got sent of and by memory never seriously hurt anyone.

Lucky me
You aren't very good at tackling then Tim?