+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Film 16

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Film 16

Just watched 71 about the troubles in Northern Ireland and how a rookie soldier gets plunged into the deep end in a fight for survival. Gritty,edgy and taut.
    A good film. Not black and white and certainly projects a grim image of what was going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Just watched 71 about the troubles in Northern Ireland and how a rookie soldier gets plunged into the deep end in a fight for survival. Gritty,edgy and taut.
    A good film. Not black and white and certainly projects a grim image of what was going on.
    Really enjoyed 71, the main actor is fantastic in everything i've seen him in.

Watched The Invitation this week which i enjoyed a lot.
    http://gb.imdb.com/title/tt2400463/

Also The Boy, which i laughed pretty much all the way through, sadly it's not a comedy.

Civil War tonight,can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Really enjoyed 71, the main actor is fantastic in everything i've seen him in.

Watched The Invitation this week which i enjoyed a lot.
    http://gb.imdb.com/title/tt2400463/

Also The Boy, which i laughed pretty much all the way through, sadly it's not a comedy.

Civil War tonight,can't wait.
    Agreed about 71, thought it was great. The invitation was good as well, I did enjoy it although I felt some of the acting/script was a bit strange at times.
    Slightly similar to the invitation was 'coherence' (because it's set around a dinner party) which is worth a watch.

Other films I watched recently (not necessarily recent films though) which I enjoyed were: big bad wolves, ex machina, crimson peak, down terrace, room, chinatown, brick.

A couple that I didn't rate that highly (which came with good recommendations) were deadpool and the conjuring.

I've got this recorded on the box. Been meaning to watch it for ages! Will do so now. Cheers for the reminder!

71 is a brilliant film.

It feels just right, with a fact-based storyline and excellent cast.

Filmed in Sheffield, Blackburn and Liverpool - but 100% believable as Belfast in 1971.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    71 is a brilliant film.

It feels just right, with a fact-based storyline and excellent cast.

Filmed in Sheffield, Blackburn and Liverpool - but 100% believable as Belfast in 1971.
    Yep definitely gives you a feel that it is filmed in Belfast early 70's with a sinister backdrop.. Really well done.

Watched 'STARRED UP' last night on Film 4. A british prison film starring Jack O'Connell who played the lead in '71.
    http://putlocker.is/watch-starred-up...putlocker.html

Quote Originally Posted by Biggy G View Post
    Watched 'STARRED UP' last night on Film 4. A british prison film starring Jack O'Connell who played the lead in '71.
    http://putlocker.is/watch-starred-up...putlocker.html
    Cheers for that

Watched 'SLEEPERS' last night. Released in 1996,but still a hard hitting film. Starring Kevin Bacon, Robert De Niro, Jason Patric.
    Four boys growing up in Hell's Kitchen play a prank that leads to an old man getting hurt. Sentenced to no less than one year in the Wilkenson Center in upstate New York, the four friends are changed by the beating, humiliation and sexual abuse by the guards sworn to protect them. Thirteen years later and a chance meeting lead to a chance for revenge against the Wilkenson Center and the guards.
    http://putlocker.is/watch-sleepers-o...putlocker.html