+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Gareth Bale goal shows us why he should..

Gareth Bale goal shows us why he should..

Be used as a ST for Wales,

I noticed clearly in the last few games he is not effective for Wales out wide. Madrid is different they have a wealth of talent to open space up, in our team he is man marked / doubled up on and kept on the outside on his weaker foot by defenders.

Add to the fact he is not the young player he once was he does not have the fitness to run up and down the line all day.

His goal yesterday came from him being down the middle, playing a nice one 2 pass in the D and making a clever run into space. after that his finishing will rarely let you down.

While his crossing may be the best we have, so is his heading ability. having him being supplied crosses is just as lethal as him delivering.

this will then open up RW for who I believe is the best of the new guys coming through, David Brooks.

the ST role is certainly easier on your body with most players being able to play longer than any other outfield position.

A front three of:
    James - Bale - Brooks
    could be something very special

For when James or Brooks is not available,we have plenty of other talent to play out-wide, meaning opening Bales spot up improves our ST options (which we lack) while being able to utilise an extra one of our more 'talented' players

Re: Gareth Bale goal shows us why he should..

Your spot on, like his manager he should now seek a different pathway of playing , that helps him manage his reduction in pace as he ages ,or perhaps retire .

Do think though him as a main striker with two quick wingers , is a far better option than the mighty Moore of Wigan up front ??

Didn't realise Moore was very English , came to be picked by Wales as he couldn't nudge out Kane, eligible via a maternal grandmother , look out Kieffer if it all goes wrong the hounds will be after you.

Wonder if we will ever get this team out on the pitch at the same time?

Bale

James Ramsey Brooks

Allen Ampadu

Davies Mepham Chester Roberts

Hennesey

I agree to an extent. Its a good point frees up to get as many as good players as we can.

Im sure Bale could do a job there its just a few occasions has done it hasnt looked great.

Also means Bale will play a lot of the game with his back to goal.

I think in international football you have to play the hand your dealt.

I wpuld have liked to see Bale.played behind without Ramsey. Meant would be able to pick the ball up and stretch his legs. However not sure he would have done the defensive work which is strange since he used to be a fullback

Quote Originally Posted by Punxsutawney Phil View Post

Bale

James Ramsey Brooks

Allen Ampadu

Hennesey
    So frustrating as if we did you know we’d be qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by Punxsutawney Phil View Post

Bale

James Ramsey Brooks

Allen Ampadu

Hennesey
    Allen wasnt great these last 2 games and appears to be in decline. Shame we have so many options going forward and not more in midfield.

I think you could certainly make an arguement for Wilson Lawrence and Matondo

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    Allen wasnt great these last 2 games and appears to be in decline. Shame we have so many options going forward and not more in midfield.

Allen wasn't great against Croatia?? Must have been watching totally different games.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post

And Rodon, i'd have him in the side before Chester.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Agreed. I'm not sure ampadu is in our best XI at the moment , but can see an argument for keeping him in there to help his development

I think Rodon is our best centre-half. It won't be long before he moves to a Premier League club.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Agreed. I'm not sure ampadu is in our best XI at the moment , but can see an argument for keeping him in there to help his development
    I totally agree, Barry Town is about his level, well spotted.

Same

Didn't we start with Bale up front at home against Slovakia? I seem to remember him dropping deeper and deeper to get the ball, so we were effectively playing without a striker until Tyler Roberts was brought on.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Didn't we start with Bale up front at home against Slovakia? I seem to remember him dropping deeper and deeper to get the ball, so we were effectively playing without a striker until Tyler Roberts was brought on.
    I don’t think he’s the answer tbh.

I have posted about us doing it in the past but like you say, when he’s been out there he hasn’t been the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    Be used as a ST for Wales,

I noticed clearly in the last few games he is not effective for Wales out wide. Madrid is different they have a wealth of talent to open space up, in our team he is man marked / doubled up on and kept on the outside on his weaker foot by defenders.

Add to the fact he is not the young player he once was he does not have the fitness to run up and down the line all day.

His goal yesterday came from him being down the middle, playing a nice one 2 pass in the D and making a clever run into space. after that his finishing will rarely let you down.

While his crossing may be the best we have, so is his heading ability. having him being supplied crosses is just as lethal as him delivering.

this will then open up RW for who I believe is the best of the new guys coming through, David Brooks.

the ST role is certainly easier on your body with most players being able to play longer than any other outfield position.

A front three of:
    James - Bale - Brooks
    could be something very special

For when James or Brooks is not available,we have plenty of other talent to play out-wide, meaning opening Bales spot up improves our ST options (which we lack) while being able to utilise an extra one of our more 'talented' players
    I disagree, he needs to be running off someone. The goal showed how effective he can be when he's not the main focal point, i.e running behind rather than playing with his back to goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I totally agree, Barry Town is about his level, well spotted.

Totally disagree.

We look a much better team when Bale isnt played through the middle. In fact, Keifer Moore played very well in both games and is a good target for our other attacking players to work off.

When Bale plays through the middle, as had already been touched on in this thread, he just drops deeper and deeper top get the ball and we lose our shape.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Totally disagree.

We look a much better team when Bale isnt played through the middle. In fact, Keifer Moore played very well in both games and is a good target for our other attacking players to work off.

When Bale plays through the middle, as had already been touched on in this thread, he just drops deeper and deeper top get the ball and we lose our shape.
    This imo /\/\

just before his goal he ran down the right...put the ball past the defender..and attempted to out pace him..it was a pathetic sight watching him fail miserably...a spent force with the odd flash of brilliance..is that enough?

What's an ST?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    What's an ST?
    STriker

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    STriker
    I was wondering as well but was waiting for someone else to ask, why didn’t he just write ‘striker’?

At the start of the qualifying group, you wondered how envious other countries would be at the forward options we had and since then Dan James and Harry Wilson's careers have definitely advanced. The trouble has been getting all of those gifted individuals to combine into an effective unit - we are averaging just a goal a game (one of which was a farcical own goal) and it can definitely be described as a case of the whole not equalling the some of the parts. Although the scoring rate has not improved, at least the last two matches have seen an improvement in performances and it seems to me that we have definitely benefited through having an effective focal point in attack (albeit one that is unfashionable in the modern game and supposed to be the type of player who is on the way out) - we look a better team with Keiffer Moore in there.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I was wondering as well but was waiting for someone else to ask, why didn’t he just write ‘striker’?
    Time is money Steve

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Sorry it is a habit from online games like FIFA, I forget it is not commonly used outside the gaming community!

ST = Striker
    RW = right wing
    CAM = center attack midfield
    CDM = Center defensive midfield
    ect...
    LM,RM,CB,LB,RB ect...