+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A Question for the Beer, Lager, Cider drinkers.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: A Question for the Beer, Lager, Cider drinkers.

there was a drink called hurlimans which was a very strong lager that a drank when i was about 18 for a while . used to bring the bad out of me . ended up in the gutter one night after a sess on that never touched the stuff again

do they still sell hurlimans these days ?

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    there was a drink called hurlimans which was a very strong lager that a drank when i was about 18 for a while . used to bring the bad out of me . ended up in the gutter one night after a sess on that never touched the stuff again

I remember some people renamed hurlimans 'hooligans' because it made blokes go nutty.

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post

I remember that, used to call it 'Hooligans' I can also remember a beer called Faust? sounds ****ing disgusting, although I never did sample it. Remember Labatts, that used to be popular late eighties early nineties.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I remember that, used to call it 'Hooligans' I can also remember a beer called Faust? sounds ****ing disgusting, although I never did sample it. Remember Labatts, that used to be popular late eighties early nineties.
    Brains brought Faust and Labbatts into their pubs, I had a tee shirt with 'I'm a friend of Faust' on it, got it at the launch night for Faust back in the eighties, disgusting pint it was.

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    Brains brought Faust and Labbatts into their pubs, I had a tee shirt with 'I'm a friend of Faust' on it, got it at the launch night for Faust back in the eighties, disgusting pint it was.
    Labbatts ice was a decent drink

talking to T-shirts, i had a " hug me i am drink Labbett ice " one, got it from a launch in town one night

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Labbatts ice was a decent drink

talking to T-shirts, i had a " hug me i am drink Labbett ice " one, got it from a launch in town one night
    Guessing that was the late eighties? wouldn't have to wear a T-shirt asking for a hug these days, every ****er is at it!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    i wouldnt say they were popular , moreso they were the only lager brains sold at the time