+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: A dreadful team to watch

Re: A dreadful team to watch

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    So you get into matches for free?
    I can see I'm going to have to get up pretty early in the morning to catch you out.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    That's incorrect. I said I'd never put into another penny into the club while Tan owns it, and I've stuck to my word.

That’ll teach him eh?

If hes paying for Sky TV then he is still putting money into the club

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    A sarcastic answer will be winging its way to us, as I post 😁

After yesterday's game, a group of us were talking in the pub about how tedious City are to watch this season. I mentioned that I'd posted on here something similar a few months ago and got slagged off for doing so. This morning I had a quick look to see if I could find the thread concerned and I did so quickly. Once I started reading it, I came across the posts from high-and-mighty Neil Warnock fan SunderlandBluebird telling everyone that I don't understand football. I thought I'd remind him of his patronising comments in August. They look a bit daft now, don't they? Having said that, they looked a bit daft at the time.
    I don’t think they particularly look daft. You mentioned should we have opened up against Fulham but we’ve been ripped apart by teams far worse than them so I don’t really understand your logic. They’re fifth in the table, not 22nd, what a random thing to hold on too.

The fact you made the comments after three home games - two of which we’d won - says it all for me. Nothing like a bit of patience

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    That’ll teach him eh?
    He'll neither know nor care, but I do.

Yup. And I put an equal amount into Swansea City and Bristol City. What a thought.....

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    I don’t think they particularly look daft. You mentioned should we have opened up against Fulham but we’ve been ripped apart by teams far worse than them so I don’t really understand your logic. They’re fifth in the table, not 22nd, what a random thing to hold on too.

The fact you made the comments after three home games - two of which we’d won - says it all for me. Nothing like a bit of patience.
    They were dreadful to watch back in August and they've actually got a bit worse in recent weeks, but that's not really the point. The point is that you were boldly telling people I didn't understand the game while talking utter bollocks yourself.

A sarcastic answer will be winging its way to us, as I post 😁
    Without the TV riches modern football and ownership would be completely different. No TV money almost certainly no Vincent Tan or for the Jacks their dodgy hedgefund.

Perhaps he doesnt put money into Sky and therefore he really doesn't contribute.

They were dreadful to watch back in August and they've actually got a bit worse in recent weeks, but that's not really the point. The point is that you were boldly telling people I didn't understand the game while talking utter bollocks yourself.
    I don’t think you do, but all opinions isn’t it

Yup. And I put an equal amount into Swansea City and Bristol City. What a thought.....
    So you do contribute.👍

Perhaps he doesnt put money into Sky and therefore he really doesn't contribute.
    I do and I get full value out of my subscription. Wouldn't be without it.

What a bitter and spiteful man you are Sugarman.

So you do contribute.��
    I do, and I also contribute towards Swansea, Newport, Bristol City, Bristol Rovers, Liverpool, Manchester City, Chelsea, etc.

What I don't do is pay any money directly into Cardiff City, and I haven't done that since June 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    What a bitter and spiteful man you are Sugarman.
    I'm sorry, do I know you?

I do and I get full value out of my subscription. Wouldn't be without it.
    Glad you enjoy it. I have it as well. Prefer live sport though.👍

I do, and I also contribute towards Swansea, Newport, Bristol City, Bristol Rovers, Liverpool, Manchester City, Chelsea, etc.

What I don't do is pay any money directly into Cardiff City, and I haven't done that since June 2012.
    Ok but weve now established you do contribute cash to Vincent Tan and Cardiff City.😃

Glad you enjoy it. I have it as well. Prefer live sport though.��
    Generally I'd agree with you, but yesterday I wish I'd stayed in the pub.

Ok but weve now established you do contribute cash to Vincent Tan and Cardiff City.��
    I'm his biggest fan.

I'm sorry, do I know you?
    No need to apologise.

After yesterday's game, a group of us were talking in the pub about how tedious City are to watch this season. I mentioned that I'd posted on here something similar a few months ago and got slagged off for doing so. This morning I had a quick look to see if I could find the thread concerned and I did so quickly. Once I started reading it, I came across the posts from high-and-mighty Neil Warnock fan SunderlandBluebird telling everyone that I don't understand football. I thought I'd remind him of his patronising comments in August. They look a bit daft now, don't they? Having said that, they looked a bit daft at the time.
    OK. So your purpose was just to remind someone of their patronising comments from 5 months ago. Good work.

To be fair, our brand of football has been mundane since Jones left, and it wasn’t always exciting then. Difference is, fans seem to accept it if we’re scraping wins and getting promoted, but they won’t tolerate it if we are just treading water.

To be fair, our brand of football has been mundane since Jones left, and it wasn’t always exciting then. Difference is, fans seem to accept it if we’re scraping wins and getting promoted, but they won’t tolerate it if we are just treading water.
    I agree. Actually in my 40+ years of following us we’ve largely been shit to watch other than under Dave Jones. It was lots of fun winning the old 4th division and even watching some of Lennie Lawrence’s stuff in league 1, but let’s face it we’ve never been a team for the purist.

I Can't say i've seen a lot of city (i live abroad) But what i did see last season was not good at all and i turned off the stream due to pure frustration.
    This season my expectations are lower but i'm surprised at how bad they play. Seems like basic football has passed by many of these players and the quality of the whole team has dropped a notch lower. I can understand the frustration of those who pay hard earned money to see a very poor side somehow scrape by.

I'm his biggest fan.
    You clearly appreciate Tan getting Cardiff up the leagues because you've started going to a lot of games. Yeah, ok so you're not putting money "directly" into Tan's pocket, but getting your mate to but a ticket then paying your mate for the ticket is a creative loophole I'll give you that.

I wonder how many of the high and mighty "boycotters" are still boycotting?

Thames Valley?
    Jirga?
    Alfie Sherwood?
    Taunton Blue?
    The bloke who started supporting a Dutch team?

Just some of those I remember ranting on about not supporting the club, I bet they're all back down there "indirectly" not supporting the club.

What a boycott this is turning into, going to games but yeah, that doesn't really count because you didn't pay for it directly! And you still try to come over all "principled". Principled? Be ****ed. You're one of us mate, a bluebird supporting Tan's club. Your bum on the seat is the same bum on the seat it was when you were a kid and you weren't putting money directly into Bob Grogan's pocket because your parents were buying the tickets - you were a supporter then, right? So what's the difference now?

What a boycott that was, achieved nothing and you have been going to games since the rebrand. Well done on 7 years of **** all.