+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Hull sack Mike Phelan

Hull sack Mike Phelan

Well he didn't last long

Re: Hull sack Mike Phelan

A bit harsh.

Not a No.1 though is he.
    They tried to do it on the cheap, serves em right!

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    A bit harsh.
    Mate.

Making a move for Rowett before someone else snaps him up maybe?

If Rowett goes there he deserves all he gets, basket case of a club.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbluejay View Post
    If Rowett goes there he deserves all he gets, basket case of a club.
    Totally correct. Bruce won promotion then resigned before a Premiership game was played.
    It was clear that the crazy owner and Bruce had a major falling out, mostly around strenghtening the team.
    I think Bruce will be found out to be correct.

The club is a total mess. It's for sale and there is no money for new players. The owners have virtually resigned themselves to relegation and there is dis harmony between the fans and the Board. It's an impossible club to manage yet Phelan has managed to motivate the players even though they are losing virtually every match. I wouldn't be surprised if any player worth anything will be sold this transfer window.

The sacking is ridiculous given the circumstances of the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    The club is a total mess. It's for sale and there is no money for new players. The owners have virtually resigned themselves to relegation and there is dis harmony between the fans and the Board. It's an impossible club to manage yet Phelan has managed to motivate the players even though they are losing virtually every match. I wouldn't be surprised if any player worth anything will be sold this transfer window.

Maybe opportunities for Warnock ???

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Maybe opportunities for Warnock ???
    No chance.

We are his kinda people........................

Yet another example of clueless rich men who know feck all about football.

What exactly were they expecting from Phelan?

He's performed miracles just keeping them within touching distance of safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    No chance.

We are his kinda people........................
    No - the poster was referring to many Hull players who are completely fed up and may want a move and the owners willing to sell anyone.
    I was thinking there may be someone that Warnock would be interested in - not moving there as the manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post

Is this still over the Hull Tigers name change ?

No - the poster was referring to many Hull players who are completely fed up and may want a move and the owners willing to sell anyone.
    I was thinking there may be someone that Warnock would be interested in - not moving there as the manager.
    Ah I see , you can see how it could have been interpretated differently?

My homer was directed at the expression ......

Not too many I'd fancy though I'd take Snodgrass tomorrow, bit of a diver but knows where the goal is.
    Probably too expensive for us but again, it all depends on ambition.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Not too many I'd fancy though I'd take Snodgrass tomorrow, bit of a diver but knows where the goal is.
    Marshall?

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Probably? He's way out of our league at present. On paper, their side is is much better than ours but they've hardly strengthened and can't score.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Probably? He's way out of our league at present. On paper, their side is is much better than ours but they've hardly strengthened and can't score.
    Well I did say "depends on ambition" and I'm not suggesting they don't have better players, I was trying to be realistic.
    Majority of cash on one or 2 good players rather than 3 or 4 "hopefuls" woukd be my choice. Marshall would not be top of my list but if the owners were looking to cut and run, then yes of course go in for him.

Even if we were to have more to spend than thought, sometimes you can have too many options.
    A creative goalscorer like RS would be just what we need.

I think that Phelan would have been ideal alongside Ole back in the day

There seem to have been quite a few performances where Hull have deserved points and probably have shown more fight than Sunderland (bar Bournemouth away), Swansea and Palace.

Chap from Radio Hull suggested that Hull's issue was not a lack of fight but they would play well for 70 mins and ultimately not have enough quality to hold out for the points. He said that the fans recognise that their problems are so much bigger than whether Whelan is good enough to be a manager, and that the new man must be about to get some money to spend (even though that seems not to have been the plan this season) as it's unlikely that he could get much more out of the team existing.

Gary Rowett is being tipped again, and while Alec Ferguson's advice is apparently not to be out of work for too long I'd rather avoid Hull for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by llan bluebird View Post
    Is this still over the Hull Tigers name change ?
    And they scrapped concessions so kids and oaps had to pay full prices.