+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Knife crime in Cardiff , tonight BBC Wales

Re: Knife crime in Cardiff , tonight BBC Wales

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    You’ll have me in tears soon. It’s nonsense. Let’s be blunt for a minute here. The majority of knife related deaths in London, now involve a majority of young black boys/men, who all wear the latest clobber and hoodies, and all have mobile phones.
    It’s a cult/gang/ turf war. Nothing to do with poverty.
    If it was, they’d be trying to stab the very people (MP’s and councillors etc) who are causing it.
    As someone above said, youngsters nowadays don’t seem to have the bottle for an old fashioned one on one fist fight. Losing and losing face in front of their mates just ain’t on.
    It’s combination of youthful stupidity, false bravado, a lack of moral fibre, a lack of respect for other people, and and an attitude of nobodies dissing me:us or coming on our turf with out getting chibbed.
    So do you think black people are more likely to join gangs just because they’re black then?

It’s combination of youthful stupidity, false bravado, a lack of moral fibre, a lack of respect for other people, and and an attitude of nobodies dissing me:us or coming on our turf with out getting chibbed.
    But why is it more likely to be non white people then?

International

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    So do you think black people are more likely to join gangs just because they’re black then?
    Sadly Ithink that is absolutely correct. I just don't know why.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Who do you think gets involved in gangs mate? People who have lots of money, a stable upbringing and a good education? Or people who are born into poverty, go to a shit school and are having money troubles at home?
    I’d say people who get involved in gangs that stab folk, (because plenty of youngsters belong to gangs who don’t stab folk), are people of any colour/race, who are involved in drug wars, have no respect for others, like to play the poverty card, think they are above the law, put no importance on life itself, shall I go on?

I’d say people who get involved in gangs that stab folk, (because plenty of youngsters belong to gangs who don’t stab folk), are people of any colour/race, who are involved in drug wars, have no respect for others, like to play the poverty card, think they are above the law, put no importance on life itself, shall I go on?
    Dont go on you completely miss the point every time. If you can’t grasp it after all the explanation you’re a lost cause.

Hère are some questions:

1. Do you think rich people get involved in knife crime
    2. Do you think rich people get involved in the low levels of the drug trade
    3. Do you think rich people join street gangs

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Sadly Ithink that is absolutely correct. I just don't know why.
    I thought you weren’t interested?

So you think black people are more predisposed to join gangs, inspire of upbringing, education or status?

Being poor isn’t an excuse either. I grew up in Ely in the 60’s/70’s where plenty of folk were relatively poor. We didn’t go round stabbing each other though.
    As a parent myself, I know only too well. You can teach your kids right from wrong till your blue in the face, but once they are in the company of friends and other youngsters, then peer pressure can be so persuasive.
    I’d wager most of the youngsters in the UK/USA (of any colour) involved in knife crime are in gangs merely because it’s safer in numbers. Nothing to do with being poor.
    They are brainwashed in a way, and are probably scared to break away from the gang and think for themselves.
    Just like they were in LA back in the day.....gang belonging and all that guff

Dont go on you completely miss the point every time. If you can’t grasp it after all the explanation you’re a lost cause.

Hère are some questions:

1. Do you think rich people get involved in knife crime
    2. Do you think rich people get involved in the low levels of the drug trade
    3. Do you think rich people join street gangs
    Q1. No. The majority of rich people don’t get involved in knife crime, although some do.
    Q2.No. The majority of rich people don’t get involved in the low levels of the drug trade, but some do.
    Q3. Yes. Rich people join gangs, but the other members of the gang are also rich.
    What’s your point?
    If you’re poor, you have a reason to join a gang and stab people?
    Let me ask you a question. How many black families are worse off than white families right now in the UK?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Who8 do you think gets involved in gangs mate? People who have lots of money, a stable upbringing and a good education? Or people who are born into poverty, go to a shit school and are having money troubles at home?
    The reasons are multifactorial.

You've nailed three of them on the head.

I was reading an article about the problems with blacks killing blacks in American cities. One of the black commentators mentioned the statistic that 77%of black families are single parent (i.e. absent fathers), so they have unstable upbringing within the home, then there's peer pressure to join gangs, education goes out the window.

I mentioned previously about a Michael Mosley documentary about different types of intelligence. He interviewed a very radical thinking University Professor who asserted that black males on average were 18 points lower than their white counterparts. Mosley and the politically correct called or thought of him as racist. All he was highlighting and what he actually mentioned were the mitigating circumstances that led to this disparity.

Those who claimed he was racist, actually were the ones discriminating against the very people they were purporting to support.

Talk openly and constructively and there's potential to move forward.

Bury one's head in the sand, claim others are racist and nothing ever moves forward.

International

I thought you weren’t interested?

So you think black people are more predisposed to join gangs, inspire of upbringing, education or status?
    you can't let go of anything can you?
    Why do you keep asking me questions?
    You don't really want answers you just want to use the answer (Which of course in your eyes will automatically be wrong) as an excuse to ram your opinion down peoples throats.

You are getting seriously boring now.!