Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
And let's not pretend that the opposition care about us either , with the ( lack of detail) 6 point plan, that means , whatever is agreed they won't back anyway .
It's pure electioneering theatre , and a chance to grab power, which is clever stuff, just wish they had thd balls to say it out loud .

I reckon they could grab power by simply asking for a second referendum, they'd have the backing of Europe at least :

Labour's 6 test
(If anyone has any details, actuals , numbers ,targets, performance measures, please fill them in, perhaps I've missed them )

1. Does it ensure a strong and collaborative future relationship with the EU? (Easily measured I guess ,not sure what it means )

2. Does it deliver the “exact same benefits” as we currently have as members of the Single Market and Customs Union?
( well no , how can it ,we're out, we want go trade with others)

3. Does it ensure the fair management of migration in the interests of the economy and communities?( fair management ?? figures by region, impact to the actual local effected economy, region please )

4. Does it defend rights and protections and prevent a race to the bottom? ( how will we measure the race to the bottom)

5. Does it protect national security and our capacity to tackle cross-border crime?
( great soundbite, will mean use of the nasty military ,Trident ,Arms, spooks, and tighter immigration checks )

6. Does it deliver for all regions and nations of the UK? ( targets ,
actual regions , industries effected like fisheries , would be nice )

The grab of power for Labour is greater than being big enough to seek a cross party collaborative colation agreement on this single matter, for the benefit of the people ,which would probaly put them deservedly into power anyway .
You’ve done your usual of slagging out Labour (don’t get me wrong Corbyn isn’t the messiah his fans think he is) giving the Tories a free pass when in fact the references to May being hung or whatever have come from her more increasingly by the day right wing brexiter lunatics who promise the Earth but would be incapable of delivering **** all except even more humiliation and derisory laughter from everyone else in Europe