+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Derby v Fulham. Play off semi final 1st leg

Derby v Fulham. Play off semi final 1st leg

Go to want Fulham in this one.

Although overall I think M'boro might be the side to go up.

But anyway, one game at a time. Sit back, pop a beer, put your feet up and revel in the despair of the fans having to endure the wonderful play offs

Re: Derby v Fulham. Play off semi final 1st leg

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

But anyway, one game at a time. Sit back, pop a beer, put your feet up and revel in the despair of the fans having to endure the wonderful play offs
    One of the greatest feelings in the world is enjoying the playoffs when you've gone up automatically.

With the cheeky bonus of Swansea's deliciously prolonged relegation to the Championship to fill the gap on Sunday (though it hasn't been selected for live coverage unfortunately).

Quote Originally Posted by Delbert View Post
    With the cheeky bonus of Swansea's deliciously prolonged relegation to the Championship to fill the gap on Sunday (though it hasn't been selected for live coverage unfortunately).
    It is rather wonderful watching others suffer in instalments.

Quote Originally Posted by BR1 Bluebird View Post
    One of the greatest feelings in the world is enjoying the playoffs when you've gone up automatically.
    It is isn't it - you can act all smug and superior and make patronising comments as to why such and such a side couldn't quite reach the standards we attained. Usually, I watch and enjoy the Play Offs, but it's with a feeling of envy, great that it'll be sympathy this time.

Jet lag is it "BOSS", as you left out the "ING" ! Had to read it a few times

Cumon Fulham.

Heart says Fulham for finishing third and miles ahead of Derby. However, head says Derby for finishing the season finding their scoring boots with all strikers finding form. Under Rowett they were always well drilled and generally solid at the back and together with Fulham's flat performance at Birmingham, Derby for me. Villa over Boro, and Villa to come good in the end.

The way Fulham fans on the internet are slating us and some even saying they'd 'rather' play in the championship and play 'pretty' football as opposed to winning games is embarrassing. I'm Derby all the way here. Also think we'd be more likely to finish above Derby in the Prem. Come on the snowflakes!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Not3s View Post
    The way Fulham fans on the internet are slating us and some even saying they'd 'rather' play in the championship and play 'pretty' football as opposed to winning games is embarrassing. I'm Derby all the way here. Also think we'd be more likely to finish above Derby in the Prem. Come on the snowflakes!
    Derby Boro final for me, with Boro taking the spoils.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    This is my preferred option. Happy to see Fulham and Villa stay down and struggle again next season against FFP and losing key players!

It’s got to be Fulham to win the bottlers semi-final

Would really like to see Fulham promoted. They can start doing that by slamming 6 pass Derby tonght lol

Fulham should have enough to get past a distinctly average derby side over 2 legs, I don't think it'll even be that close.
    The other one is closer to call but I think Villa shade it as they will know all about Middlesbrough main danger man adama traore as they've the ones who signed him from Barcelona youth team, and they will know how to nullify him.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Not3s View Post
    This is my preferred option. Happy to see Fulham and Villa stay down and struggle again next season against FFP and losing key players!
    I think this will happen, and I agree Boro will edge it in a one off game although it will be close so I'd never rule out derby over 90.
    If Fulham do stay down they can sell Sessengon which will basically pay for next year's assault on the league. Reckon they win it next season.

Hope Fulham win it. Best team we saw at the CCS by far.

This and watching the jacks falling apart finally, the perfect summer.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I think this will happen, and I agree Boro will edge it in a one off game although it will be close so I'd never rule out derby over 90.
    If Fulham do stay down they can sell Sessengon which will basically pay for next year's assault on the league. Reckon they win it next season.
    If Fulham don't make it, the first one out the door, will be the Manager. !

Bottom half premier clubs and maybe Everton will bid for him.

Hope Derby beat them. Couldn't care less about Fulham being the best footballing side, or scoring nice goals, or going on their long run or whatever else people want to praise them for. Derby are a pile of shit, and have somehow wormed their way into this position, I would expect us to aim for 6 points off them next year, should they come up. Fulham however, pose a bigger threat. Couldn't care less about snow gate now we're up. Hopefully Derby come up and break their own fewest points record.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    If Fulham don't make it, the first one out the door, will be the Manager. !

Bottom half premier clubs and maybe Everton will bid for him.
    He's done decently at Hull and Fulham now so I wouldn't be surprised

Edit. Watford I meant. No idea how I mixed the 2 up.

Any one of that lot that make the Prem would be a completely different animal after recruiting and a pre season, not so sure why were all getting excited about the "worst" of the lot going up.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    We dont want Fulham anywhere near the PL, so Derby please in this play off.
    Same goes for Aston Villa , they could do with staying in the Championship for a few years.
    Play Off final between Boro and Derby, after the obvious cancellation of the game due to snow , in the rematch I want Boro to smash them.
    One in the eye for West Brom and Stoke for sacking Pulis. I'd fancy to take points off Boro next season.
    This is exactly how I feel.

I also echo Mike's OP about the truly joyous relaxed position of watching these whilst already up!!

I hate the Play Offs normally, but I will savour every gut wrenching, tearjerking, agonising millisecond of these this season

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    Agree, but with a reverse result. We should want the weakest team to go up, which is Derby.

Also Derby might be the closest thing we'll get to a feisty derby next season.

Up the snowflakes!

Derby may do them.
    Villa going up for me ,good manager , experience, savy team

I don't want boro to go up in case we can put in a cheeky bid for traore.

Can they both lose?

Hopefully middlesbrough do it, can't think of any reason to particularly dislike them, followed by villa.