+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Princess Eugenie

Princess Eugenie

Just caught a glimpse as she past us , awful weather , but really worth she looked lovey.

Re: Princess Eugenie

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Just caught a glimpse as she past us , awful weather , but really worth she looked lovey.

Im not into parasites

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    Im not into parasites
    plenty in south Wales..

Better looking than her sister but the entire family are a bunch of rotters.

Who?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Many thanks ,WB, my new screen saver

We are a warped country. The NHS is underfunded. Hundreds of thousands relying on food banks. Yet we can pay millions towards the policing of this non event for the richest family in the world.

Scroungers convention.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    We are a warped country. The NHS is underfunded. Hundreds of thousands relying on food banks. Yet we can pay millions towards the policing of this non event for the richest family in the world.
    Can't disagree when you consider there personal wealth . Alledgly cost 2 million

My thoughts exactly

It's amazing how many people metaphorically bow to the royal family. A medieval concept if ever there was one.

Some miserable comments in this thread. Thankfully they represent the views of a tiny, disaffected minority. Most of us enjoy the pageantry of Royal Family events as they provide some welcome escapism.

I celebrate Her Majesty the Queen's real and official birthdays. In the unlikely event of her requesting a visit to my humble abode she'd be welcome to get her laughing gear around all the cans of Stella in the fridge freezer, and I'd be honored should her corgis care to take a crap in the garden. The security costs associated with public events are correctly borne by the state. It matters not that some citizens have to eat a little less and turn the heating down. A few thousand grannies this coming winter scoffing noodles and freezing their tits off is but a small price to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    It's amazing how many people metaphorically bow to the royal family. A medieval concept if ever there was one.
    Not sure they metaphorically bow .

William's wedding was watched by 24 million here and 29 million in the USA ,streets were lined ,schools celebrated it ,I would call that popularism not " metaphorically bowing."

Not my bag ,or a fan , but not an anti royalist either , as it's part of our British heritage, and I think the queen is genuinally loved.

Agree completely.
    Disgusting that so many still bow down to them and that this day and age we have a section of society where you can be treated differently just due to who your parents are.

Born into a life of privilege whilst everyone else works hard to get what they need, paying taxes to keep these scroungers in luxury

To be fair these events can generate money as well.

Some of the guests are now selling their wedding gift bags online for £1000: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45846188

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Not sure they metaphorically bow .

William's wedding was watched by 24 million here and 29 million in the USA ,streets were lined ,schools celebrated it ,I would call that popularism not " metaphorically bowing."

Not my bag ,or a fan , but not an anti royalist either , as it's part of our British heritage, and I think the queen is genuinally loved.
    But Eugenie? The immediate family of the Queen is one thing but what is Eugenie? Is she a cousin or second cousin?

Royal family is Queen, Charles, William and children, Harry. Outside of this and the people are no more royal than you or I.

Despite the costs, per year the family create a positive net contribution to the economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Despite the costs, per year the family create a positive net contribution to the economy.
    And who's to say that the profit wouldn't occur if there were no Royal Family now? Seems to me that people visit this country, and generate tourism revenue, to view historic sites and buildings more than to stalk the current members of that unelected elite.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    But Eugenie? The immediate family of the Queen is one thing but what is Eugenie? Is she a cousin or second cousin?

Royal family is Queen, Charles, William and children, Harry. Outside of this and the people are no more royal than you or I.
    I despise the concept and reality of the royal family but, to be fair, she’s the Queen’s grandchild and ninth in line to the throne. All the same the lack of interest from the general public is quite telling.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    And who's to say that the profit wouldn't occur if there were no Royal Family now? Seems to me that people visit this country, and generate tourism revenue, to view historic sites and buildings more than to stalk the current members of that unelected elite.
    Indeed. The Republic of France I believe is the most visited country in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I think France is the most visited country in the world. Dunno how much of that is booze cruise mind.

Even if that were true (and I have reservations that it is) the role of Head of State is not about generating revenue. If it were, perhaps Mickey Mouse might be a better option.

Show workings

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I think France is the most visited country in the world. Dunno how much of that is booze cruise mind.
    Yeah, it's amazing how much ancient architecture you can keep when you surrender.