+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FT: WALES 1 - 1 CROATIA. Match thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: FT: WALES 1 - 1 CROATIA. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    You reckon that was filmed by a random person on their mobile? The panning, zooming and autofocus was perfect. There is also no shaky vertical movement either, it seems like the camera was on a tripod..
    Actually upon inspection it seems that you could well be right about not being from a MB phone.

However, I doubt that anybody borrowed that idea from the Diego Maradonna documentary you mention.
    Admittedly I have not seen this but I have seen much older films using the similar techniques of panning, zooming and focusing that you describe to dramatize events, a documentary on England's 1966 world cup final springs to mind.

Of course the technology was in no way what it is today but the older footage seems to add to the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Actually upon inspection it seems that you could well be right about not being from a MB phone.

However, I doubt that anybody borrowed that idea from the Diego Maradonna documentary you mention.
    Admittedly I have not seen this but I have seen much older films using the similar techniques of panning, zooming and focusing that you describe to dramatize events, a documentary on England's 1966 world cup final springs to mind.

Of course the technology was in no way what it is today but the older footage seems to add to the experience.
    I reckon it could have been done by the people from the FAW who shoot all their videos. TBH if I had seen the Maradona film it's the first thing I would try to emulate, as it's incidental to the main TV camera footage and perfect for Twitter, Facebook & Instagram, etc..

I think this is the aforementioned footage.
    Perhaps you would care to could critique my view WB.

https://youtu.be/PXb306p1BrM

I am ashamed to say that I quite enjoyed it when I saw it

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I think this is the aforementioned footage.
    Perhaps you would care to could critique my view WB.

https://youtu.be/PXb306p1BrM

I am ashamed to say that I quite enjoyed it when I saw it
    In those days they filmed it for the cinema and posterity, as they only had black & white TV back then. It's also in tradition of Pathe News which was more of a documentary style. I think it's great, and Maradona actually had his own film crew who captured his on and off field moments.