+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Slade watch

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Slade watch

I have to say, reading up on all the disdain for Slade makes me chuckle. Can't fault him for being a nice guy, but can fault him for so many other things.

Living abroad, I haven't been able to watch City nearly as much as I used to, but the last time I was back in the UK I went to a couple of home games. It was a 2-2 draw against Sheff Wed and I just remember being so dismayed by how second best we were and how there was no soul or passion in the team. That, and we scored from 2 set pieces without looking like scoring in any other way.

Also, his stubborn refusal to even consider playing youth team players (even when there was nothing to play for) really irritated me.

Re: Slade watch

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Blue View Post
    I have to say, reading up on all the disdain for Slade makes me chuckle. Can't fault him for being a nice guy, but can fault him for so many other things.

Living abroad, I haven't been able to watch City nearly as much as I used to, but the last time I was back in the UK I went to a couple of home games. It was a 2-2 draw against Sheff Wed and I just remember being so dismayed by how second best we were and how there was no soul or passion in the team. That, and we scored from 2 set pieces without looking like scoring in any other way.

Also, his stubborn refusal to even consider playing youth team players (even when there was nothing to play for) really irritated me.

Even a bloke that lives 6004 miles away can see how shit Slade was.