+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Simple poll. Warnock stay or go?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Simple poll. Warnock stay or go?

If we do go down then I would not be surprised if he left “by mutual consent” or other means. This would then mean that KB and RJ would have to go as well. We would have 3 years (I think) of parachute payments to sort ourselves out. As has been said already, a succession would need considerable planning. I am not entirely sure that the structure in the club is in place to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    If we do go down then I would not be surprised if he left “by mutual consent” or other means. This would then mean that KB and RJ would have to go as well. We would have 3 years (I think) of parachute payments to sort ourselves out. As has been said already, a succession would need considerable planning. I am not entirely sure that the structure in the club is in place to do so.
    I have to agree. The management of the club as a whole doesn't make sense to me. We just wasted a massive business opportunity. And it seems like there's no plan for the future. I just watched Leicester demolish Arsenal this morning. I don't expect us to ever win the League, but it doesn't seem unreasonable for us to at least be able to match the likes of Leicester, Bournemouth, Watford and Wolves.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I have to agree. The management of the club as a whole doesn't make sense to me. We just wasted a massive business opportunity. And it seems like there's no plan for the future. I just watched Leicester demolish Arsenal this morning. I don't expect us to ever win the League, but it doesn't seem unreasonable for us to at least be able to match the likes of Leicester, Bournemouth, Watford and Wolves.
    Dave Jones' last season
    Malky's first season
    Malky's second season
    Malky and Ole
    Ole and Slade
    Slade
    Trollope and Warnock
    Warnock's first season
    Warnock's second season

Most of our recent past has been travelling in a very different direction to what came shortly before. We had a long term plan maybe just twice (Malky's first season, Trollope's short term reign) before Warnock had a summer window here. I don't think we'll reach where Leicester are now for at least 5 years of constant growth, such is the boost that winning the league has lead to, but we can aim for Leicester pre-league win for sure: that side had an identity, effective scouting programme and were already a big part of their local community with good facilities to match. That's the argument for keeping Warnock, spending on facilities and scouting programme, and allowing him to finish the job he started two years ago instead of another managerial change. Leicester were also bold in replacing managers at the right time and that may be the argument against.

The worst thing to do would be to try to completely change identity again.