+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The media going bonkers about Solskjaer's 5 wins.... be serious, have they played any decent opposition in that time...?

The media going bonkers about Solskjaer's 5 wins.... be serious, have they played any decent opposition in that time...?

...there's even already talk of him getting the job permanently

Re: The media going bonkers about Solskjaer's 5 wins.... be serious, have they played any decent opposition in that time...?

Agree, he has been an incredibly lucky boy with the teams that MU have had to face since he took charge. That plus the Mourinho factor whereby certain players suddenly opted to play rather than saunter around the pitch for 90 minutes.

Re: The media going bonkers about Solskjaer's 5 wins.... be serious, have they played any decent opposition in that time...?

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Agree, he has been an incredibly lucky boy with the teams that MU have had to face since he took charge. .
    Yep - although it seems reasonable to assume that their impending fixture list may have been part of the reasoning behind switching managers when they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    Yep - although it seems reasonable to assume that their impending fixture list may have been part of the reasoning behind switching managers when they did.
    I think Mike Phelan and Michael Carrick are doing a fine job .....

They seemingly had it in them before OGS arrived but showed total disrespect to the club, the shirt and fans by affectively going on strike because they didn't like their boss. The fans and some of the media think there has been some revelation, but in truth maybe, they are now pulling their fingers out.

Just my opinion and I may be wrong with OGS maybe destined for the top ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Agree, he has been an incredibly lucky boy with the teams that MU have had to face since he took charge. That plus the Mourinho factor whereby certain players suddenly opted to play rather than saunter around the pitch for 90 minutes.
    A friend of mine, who is an ex professional ice hockey player, told me in any sport, including his, if there is a major breakdown between the players and the coach, or if the general concencus is the coach is an out and out wanker, then whilst they will not stop trying to win, they will not go out of their way to get him any credit.
    Make of that what you will.

Oh well they've got Spurs away next, they still have defensive issues that the teams they've played just haven't been able to exploit. They've got the wins by just getting their best players out there and letting them play. It will take more than that to get something from the Spurs game.

I have no particular ill will towards Ole or Man Utd but it would be hilarious if Spurs beat them 6-0 after this incredible run of wins against poor teams

He'd have to win something big to get the job. Basically he'd have to win the Champions' League.

And then I still think it would be a bad decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Oh well they've got Spurs away next, they still have defensive issues that the teams they've played just haven't been able to exploit. They've got the wins by just getting their best players out there and letting them play. It will take more than that to get something from the Spurs game.
    Quite.

Shameful as it is, the players now deciding to play because Mourinho has gone, will only get them so far (far enough in fact to beat the very modest opposition that they have faced so far)

OGS showed extremely limited tactical nous during his time with us so I expect them to come unstuck as soon as they face anyone decent.

Plus the OGS feel good factor will wear off in due course and then we will really see what he is made of.

OGS is a genuine and decent guy. He didn’t do well for us, but why the vitriol against him.
    This hatred many on here have for the bigger teams is verging on childish at times.
    There’s both greedy and genuine people at the top, middle and bottom of walks in life.
    I hope he does well. I like him

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Quite.

Shameful as it is, the players now deciding to play because Mourinho has gone, will only get them so far (far enough in fact to beat the very modest opposition that they have faced so far)

OGS showed extremely limited tactical nous during his time with us so I expect them to come unstuck as soon as they face anyone decent.

Plus the OGS feel good factor will wear off in due course and then we will really see what he is made of.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-analysis.html

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    A friend of mine, who is an ex professional ice hockey player, told me in any sport, including his, if there is a major breakdown between the players and the coach, or if the general concencus is the coach is an out and out wanker, then whilst they will not stop trying to win, they will not go out of their way to get him any credit.
    Make of that what you will.
    Was your friend related to Nostradamus?

Tell us something we don’t know.

Quite.

He’s got a great team of coaches beside him and I’m sure fergie is having his say

Best of luck to him I say. Seems a nice guy. United fans absolutely love him, must be great having a legend in charge. Like us having Kav or Super Kev in charge.

Cardiff fans all over the forums and social media seem to want to pour cold water on whatever he is doing with United. Can’t wait for their first loss so they can say “See, we told you he was shit”. Very odd.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    He’s got a great team of coaches beside him and I’m sure fergie is having his say
    Sorry mate but Carrick has been a coach all of a strawberry season. You really think this turnaround would be more down to him than OGS?

As for Fergie. The man has just had brain surgery. This notion that he’s calling all the shots and OGS is just a front man is ludicrous. He will not need the stress, and his family wouldn’t allow it either.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Sorry mate but Carrick has been a coach all of a strawberry season. You really think this turnaround would be more down to him than OGS?

As for Fergie. The man has just had brain surgery. This notion that he’s calling all the shots and OGS is just a front man is ludicrous. He will not need the stress, and his family wouldn’t allow it either.
    I’m not on about carrick numb nuts, you don’t think phelan and fergie don’t have a little chat on the blower

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I’m not on about carrick numb nuts, you don’t think phelan and fergie don’t have a little chat on the blower
    No

Phelan was known as someone who just put the cones out and all round good guy to have around the place. Tactical awareness was not one of his strengths.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Was your friend related to Nostradamus?

Tell us something we don’t know.
    Not sure anyone could tell you something you don’t already know 😁

OGS is a genuine and decent guy. He didn’t do well for us, but why the vitriol against him.
    This hatred many on here have for the bigger teams is verging on childish at times.
    There’s both greedy and genuine people at the top, middle and bottom of walks in life.
    It is hard not to like him.

I'm just saying that he was inept when he was with us for 9 months, so to suddenly become a footballing magician seems very odd.

'Shooot!'

;-)

'Shooot!'

;-)
    I read “complete player analysis” and great man management. Imagine putting that together in a 23 man squad. 🤔

Not sure anyone could tell you something you don’t already know 😁
    Touché my friend. Touché. 😄

Yes I agree he seems a real decent lad ,almost human, which is something in a role that can produce arseholes like Jose.

I'm guessing if Jose had been left in charge,he'd have drop points or got done in the cup , over the last few alledged easy games.

You can still see in these alledged easy games , they are still lacking in defence and midfield , there , and his, only saving grace ,he's blessed with an abundance of quality attacking talent ,both on the bench and in the first eleven .

I'm not sure how genuine he is, what with the conflict of interest with the three Norwegian players he brought here. But maybe he thought Berget was a useful Premier League centre-forward. He went out and spent like an idiot and that debt had to be dealt with and led to Slade and Trollope and maybe even the lack of funds now.

People hate "bigger teams" because they (actually understandably from a business perspective) used their popularity to weigh the competition in their favour.