+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Football only board

Football only board

On the eve of another big football weekend, the main board is looking very preseason. Time to separate the other stuff from the football posts?

Re: Football only board

Couldn't agree more.

Don't think there's any need. Just keep the spoilers off the tidy football threads. Mike seems to be addressing that.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Don't think there's any need. Just keep the spoilers off the tidy football threads. Mike seems to be addressing that.
    Other boards seem to have a number of different sections eg https://www.villatalk.com

I'm not that interested in our politics board, so i avoid it and therefore don't get irritated by the same old people discussing the same old boring shite.
    If we had a non-football section then people who only want to talk football could avoid it.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Other boards seem to have a number of different sections eg https://www.villatalk.com

I'm not that interested in our politics board, so i avoid it and therefore don't get irritated by the same old people discussing the same old boring shite.
    If we had a non-football section then people who only want to talk football could avoid it.
    People who only want to talk football manage to avoid non-football threads just fine on here, it's not a difficult task.

Then there's the people who claim to only want to talk football but post all day long in non-football threads.

There's a big difference but it's very easy to tell who is who.

I couldn't agree less, this board is best as one big melting pot.
    ignore the posts you don't like, it's not hard

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    ^THIS

The board became a poorer place when it was split in two.

Agree 100%

Personally I don't mind seeing a bit of humour in a football thread, after all the game itself, and this board, is supposed to be fun isn't it?
    The age old problem though is how much humour is acceptable before it crosses the line and spoils the thread.
    The tricky bit is that for each of us that line is in a different place.

Well said.This board is just fine,it is not a prerequisite to read every post.

How could we accommodate Mrs Steve R, if it was only football

(I can't put a after it, as it might upset someone

While there should be football threads pinned at the top, the strength of this board is it's varied discussion points (including political) and shunting these off to another board kills that variety as people stop looking for them.

If you want more football talk then start a football thread or add to an existing thread.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    While there should be football threads pinned at the top, the strength of this board is it's varied discussion points (including political) and shunting these off to another board kills that variety as people stop looking for them.

If you want more football talk then start a football thread or add to an existing thread.

Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Pepper View Post

Simple as that.

Nutshell

Oh, and ignore the non football threads if the content/ personnel upset you

Personally I don't mind seeing a bit of humour in a football thread, after all the game itself, and this board, is supposed to be fun isn't it?
    The age old problem though is how much humour is acceptable before it crosses the line and spoils the thread.
    The tricky bit is that for each of us that line is in a different place.
    I like a bit of everything. football, the off topic stuff and the pisstaking, but it's frustrating when you've got people with no interest in football derailing the football threads. They know who they are.

If people have got no interest in talking football there's plenty of threads they can post their unfunny quips on without derailing tidy threads.

Here comes Chief Inspector Hartley of the fun police

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    ^THIS

The board became a poorer place when it was split in two.
    I think the board should only split in times such as elections or nuclear war

Do one Terence

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Do one Terence

Yep. It really is as simple as this.

But he's right.

Not going to split the board any further. Moving politics out was the right decision.

I'm trying to pay more attention to keeping decent threads 'flippancy' free. People who derail them will get an infraction. 6 points will get you a ban.

Flippancy is worth 1 point, abusing other members will get you 3 points

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    But he's right.
    I know he is.
    "In-joke", he calls me the morality police, I was just taking the piss.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Not going to split the board any further. Moving politics out was the right decision.

I'm trying to pay more attention to keeping decent threads 'flippancy' free. People who derail them will get an infraction. 6 points will get you a ban.

Flippancy is worth 1 point, abusing other members will get you 3 points
    Pearcey might want to call someone a ****, it'll be the first 3 points Reading have got this season