+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FT: Ireland 0 - 1 Wales (official match thead)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: FT: Ireland 0 - 1 Wales (official match thead)

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Who is? There was a huge difference in our playing out from the back without Ampadu, it was very laboured at times. With Ampadu in the team the movement looks effortless, and we missed his long range passing too. For me he is now the second name on the team sheet after Bale.
    But he hardly gets in the squad for Chelsea, while Ramsey would walk into their starting line up. The kid got huge potential, and I’m a huge admirer, but don’t be so ridiculous for gods sake. Ramsey was our best player at the euros. He’s scored at every level. He’s controlled games at every level. He’s one of Arsenal’s all time top scoring midfielders, and he’s at the peak of his powers at 27! I hope Ampadu becomes a better player, but to say he’s ahead of Ramsey on the team sheet is just silly. He’s not above Allen yet.

Great result, decent second half. We could easily have scored 3. Gotta give Giggs credit. I’m one of the ones who wanted Bellamy, who I believe would also field youth players, but Giggs is getting it right. The experience from tonight will be huge for the youngsters, who are performing well at their clubs. Brooks won’t be at Bournemouth long, he’s destined for big things.

Re: FT: Ireland 0 - 1 Wales (official match thead)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    But he hardly gets in the squad for Chelsea
    Sarri is an idiosyncratic manager, he picks his team and he sticks with it. Barring injuries, I don't think we will see much of Ampadu this season. In saying that, I'm sure the other 19 Premier League teams would love to have him on their books. Chelsea have never had a very good track record with youngsters, and now it is probably going to be even worse. Loftus-Cheek is 22 and struggling for game-time this season. It may sound crazy, but I think Ampadu is a typical Man Utd type of player, and he may have made the wrong choice going to Chelsea.