+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Less than 16000, pathetic crowd

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Less than 16000, pathetic crowd

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Mate of mine walked away in protest, objective now achieved he's come back.

How many are still saying away because of the (now reversed and universally acknowledged as a mistake) re brand? Couple of hundred?
    I reckon more. I also reckon that there are others who have come back who no longer have the same enthusiasm - they no longer have season tickets and no longer attend every home game. Once you realise there are other things out there than just football, I dare say it's not so easy to pick up where you left off.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I reckon more. I also reckon that there are others who have come back who no longer have the same enthusiasm - they no longer have season tickets and no longer attend every home game. Once you realise there are other things out there than just football, I dare say it's not so easy to pick up where you left off.
    Agree 100%.

This.

I used to go to every game I could. To the point that I used to work a night shift on a Friday night, get home at 9am Saturday morning, sleep for an hour then take the kids down the City.

The the red shit happened. I stopped going - some people I went with stopped as well, some carried on going. Didn’t see us playing in the Premier League. Then we went back to being Cardiff City so I decided the time was right to start going again.

Now I just pick and choose what games to watch. If I’ve got other plans then I don’t go.

Do I still enjoy it - yes of course (especially since Colin took over) but it’s not the be all and all as it once was for me.

As others have said, Tan fecked up with the red shit but at least he’s tried to make amends. If that’s not good enough for some then that’s their choice. For me personally I go to support the team - I couldn’t really give a shit about Tan any more.

This is where I see myself, have been to a few games and will go to some more, but Football now has to fit in around other things I enjoy whereas previously, other things fitted in around football.