+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Thanks Neil but goodbye

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Thanks Neil but goodbye

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC27 View Post
    Spot bloody on. Look, Pulis is better at keeping teams up. As is Big Sam. We couldn't afford either and in rare case of Wolff making a good point, neither would come to us. And besides, this team is awful. Whilst I question the money spent, the tactics, etc, without eleven new players no manage would have a better chance. The current team are only remotely good enough for playing Prem football because of the man management of Warnock, this lot would be well below Huddersfield with anyone else, and whilst I'm not one for sentiment, Warnock has proven himself enough that something big would have to happen for him to deserve the sack.
    This team is 'Awful' because of the manager. I'm not saying that they were great to start with, but Warnock has little or no faith in them as individuals to try and play. Apart from Etheridge (and that would be Andy Dibble) who has improved under him?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    This team is 'Awful' because of the manager. I'm not saying that they were great to start with, but Warnock has little or no faith in them as individuals to try and play. Apart from Etheridge (and that would be Andy Dibble) who has improved under him?
    Bamba? Morrison? Ralls? (still not good enough but better) Camarasa?

Blimey, Warnock’s taken us from 21st in The Championship to The Premier League, but we want a legacy as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Blimey, Warnock’s taken us from 21st in The Championship to The Premier League, but we want a legacy as well.
    Most managers that turn things around as quickly as Warnock did ( although i don't believe that we were as bad as some think) have done something revolutionary-In most cases the playing staff have become more football intelligent with a few additions added to the squad. Warnock did do something different, he decided on playing with wingers and to get the ball forward as quickly as possible. In most cases this wouldn't be enough, i believe that Warnocks man management and belief in players makes them give that extra 10%, and that, along with the implementation of a no nonsense approach can be affective at Championship level. But what is there when it doesn't work-What's the plan b? If we go down it will take another manager years to put things in place where we have a style and system that's sustainable.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Most managers that turn things around as quickly as Warnock did ( although i don't believe that we were as bad as some think) have done something revolutionary-In most cases the playing staff have become more football intelligent with a few additions added to the squad. Warnock did do something different, he decided on playing with wingers and to get the ball forward as quickly as possible. In most cases this wouldn't be enough, i believe that Warnocks man management and belief in players makes them give that extra 10%, and that, along with the implementation of a no nonsense approach can be affective at Championship level. But what is there when it doesn't work-What's the plan b? If we go down it will take another manager years to put things in place where we have a style and system that's sustainable.
    That's fine but I suspect there are fans of plenty of clubs in The Championship who would just prefer a chance to see their team play in the Premier League over the luxury of concerning themselves with plan b's and legacies. I think we're in danger of becoming a pretty ungrateful bunch for the job he's done here.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    That's fine but I suspect there are fans of plenty of clubs in The Championship who would just prefer a chance to play in the Premier League over concerning themselves with plan-b's and legacies. I think we're in danger of becoming a pretty ungrateful bunch for the job he's done here.
    Fair point, although my concern isn't the fans of other clubs. His football is atrocious and it doesn't have to be that way.