Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
You can't say that mate. Henry said that Messi is exactly the same at Barcelona. They both have big egos but i believe Ronaldo's sometimes gets in the way of the team which is ridiculous.

I do admire his will to win but i love a pure footballer over a pure athlete. I'm not denying Ronaldo is a great footballer but Messi is a genius.

One thing i will say is that Ronaldo has definitely got the absolute maximum out of himself in his career.
Henry was with Messi years ago when he had more drive. For me Messi at times last couple of seasons has just switched off.

I don't know whether he sometimes finds it too easy, or he's not a huge fan of Enrique, but in recent times he doesn't always put in 100% like he did for the Classico last week.

Ronaldo rinses every ounce of out of himself wether he's playing Bayern Munich or he's 6-0 up against Sporting Gijon.

I agree about his ego sometimes getting in the way of the team but then he gets another hat trick in the SF after the one in the QF and it's difficult to question that then.