+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Playing Against The Jacks

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Playing Against The Jacks

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    There’s never really been any serious disorder v the wurzels I think?
    There's been serious disorder before, during and after games against Bristol City and Bristol Rovers on numerous occasions dating back to the Sixties. However, there's no doubt whatsoever that Cardiff's most intense rivalry is with Swansea, and that's been the case since the Eighties. The Severnside derby doesn't really compare to the Welsh derby and it hasn't for a long time.

Of course, there is another factor that nobody has mentioned: Bristol City's biggest rivals are Bristol Rovers.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    There's been serious disorder before, during and after games against Bristol City and Bristol Rovers on numerous occasions dating back to the Sixties. However, there's no doubt whatsoever that Cardiff's most intense rivalry is with Swansea, and that's been the case since the Eighties. The Severnside derby doesn't really compare to the Welsh derby and it hasn't for a long time.

Of course, there is another factor that nobody has mentioned: Bristol City's biggest rivals are Bristol Rovers.
    Not so sure with regard to the last sentence. They kind of look at rovers like we do at Newport. Since our rise up, beating them in countless occasions including a playoff and 6-1 at Ashton gate, 2 visits the PL, I think they hate us a lot more than they used too.
    They don’t play rovers much these days, whilst living among them for 5 years, they always went a bit twitchy when they found out I was a bluebird....

Not so sure with regard to the last sentence. They kind of look at rovers like we do at Newport.
    Not in my experience. Admittedly, their rivalry has diminished somewhat in recent years due to league positions, but I'm pretty sure most Bristol City fans would tell you they regard Rovers as their number one rivals.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/b...t-park-3595613

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Not in my experience. Admittedly, their rivalry has diminished somewhat in recent years due to league positions, but I'm pretty sure most Bristol City fans would tell you they regard Rovers as their number one rivals.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/b...t-park-3595613
    Watched that, it was mentioned that England won, no mention whatsoever of the result of Bristol City v Bristol Rovers, slack journalism!

Not so sure with regard to the last sentence. They kind of look at rovers like we do at Newport. Since our rise up, beating them in countless occasions including a playoff and 6-1 at Ashton gate, 2 visits the PL, I think they hate us a lot more than they used too.
    They don’t play rovers much these days, whilst living among them for 5 years, they always went a bit twitchy when they found out I was a bluebird....
    6-1????? Don’t you dare give the shit kickers the credit of one goal!!!!