+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Went to a Guitar Masterclass at PMT last night

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Went to a Guitar Masterclass at PMT last night

Quote Originally Posted by Vimto View Post
    Big fan of Mick Ronson, Jones & Strummer, yep for sure, loads of players TBH - Wilko Johnson to .. Dave Gilmour.
    Gilmore was a borderline twiddler at times, but in a very musical way and what he did added to the music. Pink Floyd are one of my favourite album bands.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Gilmore was a borderline twiddler at times, but in a very musical way and what he did added to the music. Pink Floyd are one of my favourite album bands.
    I tend to like guitarists with distinctive sounds, (Gilmour falls into this) as opposed to the speed freaks, they can take the piss all they want, but the edge falls into the distinctive sound category, Steve Hackett, Mark Knopfler, Tony Iommi, the axe in the lads band is very distinctive, Lydian dominant 7th

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    I tend to like guitarists with distinctive sounds, (Gilmour falls into this) as opposed to the speed freaks, they can take the piss all they want, but the edge falls into the distinctive sound category, Steve Hackett, Mark Knopfler, Tony Iommi, the axe in the lads band is very distinctive, Lydian dominant 7th
    You could add the Cure and Joy Division too, who have continued to influence multiple generations of alternative bands.

I think the Edge is really good at what he does. If it was so easy, everybody would have been doing it before he came along!