+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Midfielders for next season.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Midfielders for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by SuisseBluebird View Post
    Marcus Maddison of Peterborough United. Mid 20's, averaged over 20 goals/assists in the last 4 seasons in League One. He's in the final year of his contract next season and very likely a Championship team will come in for him.
    Good shout.
    But does he play the same role as Reid ?
    Same goes for Nick Powell
    I like the 2 at QPR, Freeman and Luongo.

If QPR still have financial problems maybe they would sell.

Lee Evans looked really good for Sheff Utd, but got offloaded to Wigan and hasn’t played much there.
    Any one know the story ?
    He could be a cheap option.
    Only 24 and the type of project Warnock thrives on.

Paul Coutts has been released at Sheffield too. Their fans seem to rate him. Can’t really say I know much about him

Another one who impressed last season was Ben Pearson at Preston. Again, no idea what he would cost, just throwing a name out there.

Volks and Ampadu are also names likely to be linked.

Re: Midfielders for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Good shout.
    But does he play the same role as Reid ?
    Same goes for Nick Powell
    I like the 2 at QPR, Freeman and Luongo.

If QPR still have financial problems maybe they would sell.

Lee Evans looked really good for Sheff Utd, but got offloaded to Wigan and hasn’t played much there.
    Any one know the story ?
    He could be a cheap option.
    Only 24 and the type of project Warnock thrives on.

Paul Coutts has been released at Sheffield too. Their fans seem to rate him. Can’t really say I know much about him

Another one who impressed last season was Ben Pearson at Preston. Again, no idea what he would cost, just throwing a name out there.

Volks and Ampadu are also names likely to be linked.
    I was listening to the Blakey's Bootroom and had to agree when Paul Abbandonato said that the front four at Manchester United caused their defence so many problems at Old Trafford that you'd back them to do the business in the Championship all day long. Yes, I know the Manchester United defence is nowhere near as good as it once was, but all of them would be among the best defenders in the Championship if they were turning out at that level every week. It's for this reason that I tend to agree with you that a number ten type wouldn't be a priority (Paterson was very effective in that position in the second tier as well).

I like Freeman at QPR and he would give us the quality dead ball delivery we possibly lacked this season, but I feel we'd have to think about leaving one of the two wingers out if we were going to play him and Warnock loves his wingers. Luongo plays deeper these days and I think it's in that area that we have the most need for new midfielders, but I wonder if he is physical enough to be a Warnock player?

Lee Evans = "bit of a nutter" (that's what I was told by someone who has a good knowledge of players from this part of the world).

Coutts is a talented ball player who tends to be used out wide, he could be an excellent free transfer signing, but has suffered a lot with injuries in recent years.

Ben Pearson picked up fourteen yellow cards and three red ones in the season just ended - there was a time when I would have said "typical Warnock player", but we're a bunch of shrinking violets lately .

Like a few others, I think Valks is a real possibility for us.

As for Ampadu, absolutely no chance.

Not seen a great deal of Turnbull, but he sounds like a real prospect and I'm fairly sure he could actually be a player who would make is money when he left us.