+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sshh, whisper this, a UK bank run is underway

Sshh, whisper this, a UK bank run is underway

>>> http://news.sky.com/story/more-peopl...banks-10521617

With the Bank of England today cutting the base rate to 0.25%, which is the lowest in its 320 year history following seven years of it being stuck at its previous historical low of 0.5%, and with the resumption of its QE program, Brits who are paying attention will be heading to their banks in far greater numbers.

Blog Entries

Re: Sshh, whisper this, a UK bank run is underway

Snowden tweeted ..It's time.

The savviest Brits aren't sticking their wonga in home safes or under mattresses but converting it into real money.

'Brits Are Investing in Gold at Unprecedented Levels' - http://fortune.com/2016/07/18/britai...esting-brexit/

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    The savviest Brits aren't sticking their wonga in home safes or under mattresses but converting it into real money.

'Brits Are Investing in Gold at Unprecedented Levels' - http://fortune.com/2016/07/18/britai...esting-brexit/

What is it they say about a broken clock?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    Shit, my clock is broke?

I believe that Gluey fella was saying this exact same thing towards the end of last year, but he was a lone voice and the usual suspects from the CCMB cabal mafia mocked him.

http://news.sky.com/story/uk-sailing...risis-10520931

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I believe that Gluey fella was saying this exact same thing towards the end of last year, but he was a lone voice and the usual suspects from the CCMB cabal mafia mocked him.

http://news.sky.com/story/uk-sailing...risis-10520931
    Group think usually relies on the slowest, least thinking, member of the group to set the benchmark.

The pound's value dropped 2% versus gold today, and you're sulking again. You're predictable, I'll give you that.

Any sensible person, anywhere in the world, at any time in history would stick a portion of their wealth (say 10%) into gold or silver and hope its price does badly. An insurance policy, if you prefer. Why you have a problem with perfectly sensible reasoning I don't know, other than you are unable to summon the energy to bother thinking about it or are being deliberately obtuse.

If you want a current, albeit extreme example, of why monetary insurance is so important, discover what's happening in Venezuela right now.

The key ideas are "a crash bigger than 2008" which is quite a specific claim. You must be confusing it with a recession or an economic downturn, so your clock theory is clearly not applicable in this case

The pound's value dropped 2% versus gold today, and you're sulking again. You're predictable, I'll give you that.

Any sensible person, anywhere in the world, at any time in history would stick a portion of their wealth (say 10%) into gold or silver and hope its price does badly. An insurance policy, if you prefer. Why you have a problem with perfectly sensible reasoning I don't know, other than you are unable to summon the energy to bother thinking about it or are being deliberately obtuse.

If you want a current, albeit extreme example, of why monetary insurance is so important, discover what's happening in Venezuela right now.
    Who needs to think, when the BBC downloads bite-size chunks of "cleansed establishment opinion" into people's brains everyday, and you even have to pay for it
    Last edited by Wales-Bales; 04-08-16 at 22:38.

Blog Entries

You know things are bad when people are breaking in to the zoo to eat the animals rather than look at them, they are letting the rest of them starve to death, if they are not stolen first that is, what a mess.

Gold is often an investment for when uncertain times are around. You don't need to be George Soros to know that.

However you've been advising it for years and until the recent Brexit vote it'd been going one way. Now you might think you've stumbled across a great money maker but anyone who'd been listening to your previous advice wouldn't have any money to invest anyway.

If I tip you to buy the sterling for the next ten years, there is going to be a time that advice will become true, well done on finally getting to that nirvana moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    You know things are bad when people are breaking in to the zoo to eat the animals rather than look at them, they are letting the rest of them starve to death, if they are not stolen first that is, what a mess.
    Have things got that bad in Barry?

The key ideas are "a crash bigger than 2008" which is quite a specific claim. You must be confusing it with a recession or an economic downturn, so your clock theory is clearly not applicable in this case
    Gold can only go up or down. Pick a side, eventually you'll be right.

Even you won't even have to make it up.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Yeah, faith in the bolivar is dropping at warp speed. All fiat currencies are a confidence game as they are backed by nothing but promises (and enforced by legal tender laws and jackboots of the state). BoE announcements today portends negative interest rates in the near future. These extraordinary monetary measures here and in Europe, Japan and USA have been going on since 2008. The can kicking has succeeded in averting a system crash, but for how much longer?

Who needs to think, when the BBC downloads bite-size chunks of "cleansed establishment opinion" into people's brains everyday, and you even have to pay for it
    You just sent a link to Sky TV.

Gold can only go up or down. Pick a side, eventually you'll be right.

Even you won't even have to make it up.....
    But how often can a "a crash bigger than 2008" occur?

You just sent a link to Sky TV.
    Is there any difference?

Gold is often an investment for when uncertain times are around. You don't need to be George Soros to know that.

However you've been advising it for years and until the recent Brexit vote it'd been going one way. Now you might think you've stumbled across a great money maker but anyone who'd been listening to your previous advice wouldn't have any money to invest anyway.

If I tip you to buy the sterling for the next ten years, there is going to be a time that advice will become true, well done on finally getting to that nirvana moment.
    I have never advanced buying gold as a speculative, money making punt but always as insurance. Gold does nothing: it always remains the same as the value of currencies orbit around it.

But how often can a "a crash bigger than 2008" occur?
    If it's worse than 2008 I guess gold would go up. As I said, Organ would "finally" be right.

If it's worse than 2008 I guess gold would go up. As I said, Organ would "finally" be right.
    The smart blokes will be off to shack up with an Asian lass (or Ladyboy)

The smart blokes will be off to shack up with an Asian lass (or Ladyboy)
    Sterling has crashed you nutter, you're going to have to reign your ladyboy fetish in for a while.

Sterling has crashed you nutter, you're going to have to reign your ladyboy fetish in for a while.
    Just use dollars

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Splott Dave View Post
    Have things got that bad in Barry?
    Venezuela, I could bring up last nights topic again but I don't think my head could take it.

The gold price is suppressed by commercial banks who act as proxies for central banks. The very last thing the money masters want is people running from their pretty paper (that they can produce infinite amounts of) and into gold or silver because they can't print metals and they don't want people to realise how truly crap their paper is. They mostly control the price via paper contracts at Chicago's COMEX. There's currently around 200 paper claims to every ounce they have in their vaults. The manipulation is no secret as this Bloomberg article outlines. http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...ms-lawyers-say