+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Arm our officers

Re: Arm our officers

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Out of interest, if every police officer carried a gun, do you think that would make criminals more or less likely to carry them too? If you think it's more likely, how do you suppose that improves public safety?
    I couldnt answer that, as I am not a criminal

though having worked the doors in cardiff a little many years ago, i know ( at that time ) it was easy enough to get a gun, so i guess if a criminal really wanted a gun, they would be able to get one

Quote Originally Posted by headlight View Post
    Originally Posted by blue matt
    "I fully understand that training them all to carry arms would take time, but lets start, lets get more trained, the armed officers will be wearing body cams, so they will know they are being filmed and will not have free reign to " pop a cap ""

What you mean like American law enforcement officers who have been regularly filmed shooting people even they though know they are being filmed ?
    Doesn"t seem to have stopped them now does it ?
    so we are bringing the US into the argument, i guess it was expected

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    so we are bringing the US into the argument, i guess it was expected
    The US will always be in the argument when it comes to arming the police as the rise of social media and camera phones have shown that a large number of US officers overstep the mark when using their weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    The US will always be in the argument when it comes to arming the police as the rise of social media and camera phones have shown that a large number of US officers overstep the mark when using their weapons.
    of course, but maybe, just maybe, our police officers wouldnt ? ? ? ?

It must be a wonderful way to view life.

Bliss in fact

Certainly not to the same extent, but I'd really prefer not to be in the position to find out. Its a chance that doesn't need to be taken.

Almost impossibly naive of you. For a guy who has a buddy for every occasion I'd have thought you'd be a bit more worldly.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Certainly not to the same extent, but I'd really prefer not to be in the position to find out. Its a chance that doesn't need to be taken.
    fair enough

we have a top notch police force, yes they make mistakes, but in general, they do a good job

maybe we will never know what would happen if we armed them, the thing we do need to look at it offering them more protection and the tools to go about the job they bravely do, if that it more tazers or guns ? ? ? then so be it

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    There's so much wrong with that and you appear to me to be so clouded that I'm not going to respond to it except to say that I think you're being naive about the realities of giving guns to the police force and I think it's a terrible idea for so many reasons.
    oh and just as the discussion comes around to the US and more are joining in, you come back

Almost impossibly naive of you. For a guy who has a buddy for every occasion I'd have thought you'd be a bit more worldly.

oh and just as the discussion comes around to the US and more are joining in, you come back

I suppose I shouldn't have expected strong logical skills from someone who thinks the solution to violence is more weapons.

HOW CN U B SURE HAVE U AKSED THEM ALL
    You paranoiac tart

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    You paranoic tart

Feedback

great thread, totally derailed but non the less

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    great thread, totally derailed but non the less
    How is it derailed? The OP was about giving all the police guns and that's still what's being talked about.

If anything, people like you steaming into the thread shouting "bollocks" like a drunkard and accusing people of being angry for no reason is the closest this thread came to derailment.

How is it derailed? The OP was about giving all the police guns and that's still what's being talked about.

If anything, people like you steaming into the thread shouting "bollocks" like a drunkard and accusing people of being angry for no reason is the closest this thread came to derailment.
    really, you talked bollocks and later apologised, thread is just tennis between mickey mouse and the rest. for what its worth mickey is wrong but he cant see it

Maybe every police offer should be armed with Blue Matt the complete weapon that he is.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone ever put forward a worse argument for anything in the history of this board.

Thats ignoring the fact he used the American police as a point for the police being armed!

really, you talked bollocks and later apologised, thread is just tennis between mickey mouse and the rest. for what its worth mickey is wrong but he cant see it
    I apologised for the brash phrasing I used in the light of yesterdays events, the point I was making is valid.

Maybe if thread derailment is a concern for you, next time you'll take the time to articulate your thoughts rather than bursting in just shouting "bollocks" as if it's helpful to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Maybe every police offer should be armed with Blue Matt the complete weapon that he is.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone ever put forward a worse argument for anything in the history of this board.

Thats ignoring the fact he used the American police as a point for the police being armed!
    He brought the US police up in the first place, I pointed out that we didn't even need to look to the US to see how bad an idea it is, then he moaned when other people talked about the US.

I would shit you in the farce if you came at me with a big chupper.

Quote Originally Posted by Officer Crabtree View Post
    I would shit you in the farce if you came at me with a big chupper.

I apologised for the brash phrasing I used in the light of yesterdays events, the point I was making is valid.

Maybe if thread derailment is a concern for you, next time you'll take the time to articulate your thoughts rather than bursting in just shouting "bollocks" as if it's helpful to anyone.
    as a a retired met officer who was an AFO for 15 years my articulate thoughts are that the police don't need or want to be fully armed, what they need is enough armed response to deal with situations that arise, not a problem in London but obviously an issue in other smaller forces, carrying a weapon is a huge responsibility with the onus on you to justify your actions taken in the split second of an incident perhaps to a jury months later when what you did can be minutely examined, not everyone wants that responsibility, we've seen previous threads on this board with people asking why didn't they shoot to wound sums up the predicament nicely

He brought the US police up in the first place, I pointed out that we didn't even need to look to the US to see how bad an idea it is, then he moaned when other people talked about the US.
    just as a counter balance most european police seem to be armed without mass shootings in the streets

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    M

really ? ? ? did I ? ? ?

I like to think our police force is slightly better than the US

really ? ? ?

because its easy to use the US and its armed officers are a example to win the " we do not want to arm our police "

argument

I think that our police force is slightly better trained and behaved that the US

then you had nothing to say ? ? ?

as a a retired met officer who was an AFO for 15 years my articulate thoughts are that the police don't need or want to be fully armed, what they need is enough armed response to deal with situations that arise, not a problem in London but obviously an issue in other smaller forces, carrying a weapon is a huge responsibility with the onus on you to justify your actions taken in the split second of an incident perhaps to a jury months later when what you did can be minutely examined, not everyone wants that responsibility, we've seen previous threads on this board with people asking why didn't they shoot to wound sums up the predicament nicely
    Pah, people coming on here who know what they're talking abou and talking sense based on their experience??? Away with you man.

Seriously though, respect to you sir.

In a side note, when I was at uni we played rugby against the met, hard as fookin nails the lot of them. I also used to play for Orpington and we had a couple of officers from the met who were bonkers