Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
Me too, Maybe there was a directive to refs before the tournament to keep the game flowing as much as possible and this was one of the things mentioned? I know Trippier made a point of standing in Tunisia's half after Kane's late winner so the ref couldn't restart play.

A quick restart isn't blatant cheating, as Delmbox claims, it's the ref's decision. There's a grey area here; celebrations are great but then everyone moans about time-wasting, where's the line between the two? The ref can add the time on, of course, but he can do that with all time wasting. Are we saying teams should be allowed as long as they want to celebrate a goal and then walk slowly back to their positions while the clock's still running? It's a tricky one.

Not quite the same but here's how a hockey umpire dealt with the Belgian women coming out late for the second half of a World Cup game in 2014. My guess is that they didn't make the same mistake again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug7ARAYJd5Y
I meant more in the spirit of the game blatant cheating rather than actual written down rules. You couldn't be proud of a team that did that. If say Wales had beaten Portugal with that kind of move it would leave a bad taste in my mouth