+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: RIP Peter Whittingham -- Tribute Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: RIP Peter Whittingham

I watched the 98 goals vid on YouTube - he scored from everywhere - inside the box, with his head, but most of his stunners came from outside.

I'm sure some statto can come up with analysis of how many he scored from outside / inside / pens / free kicks etc I bet it's an amazing record.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    I watched the 98 goals vid on YouTube - he scored from everywhere - inside the box, with his head, but most of his stunners came from outside.

I'm sure some statto can come up with analysis of how many he scored from outside / inside / pens / free kicks etc I bet it's an amazing record.
    One thing I realised from that video was that he was a good header of the ball as well to go alongside all of his other skills.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    One thing I realised from that video was that he was a good header of the ball as well to go alongside all of his other skills.
    I’ve always classed him as a winger and down the years we have had some very good ones, Peter King, Barrie Jones, Peter Hooper who in his one season with us scored 24 goals, bettered by Whitt’s 25 the only wingers to have scored over 20 goals in a season but for longevity he stands way above the rest and would definitely make an all time City Xi.