+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Club statement on bullying allegations

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Club statement on bullying allegations

Lots of comments here that seem to suggest it’s fine because it’s always been like that.
    Lots of things that used to go on are now inappropriate for today’s society and bullying is one of them.
    I do wonder if coaches in other sports use bully boy tactics?

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Lots of comments here that seem to suggest it’s fine because it’s always been like that.
    Lots of things that used to go on are now inappropriate for today’s society and bullying is one of them.
    I do wonder if coaches in other sports use bully boy tactics?
    People haven't the first idea. These lads are moving to a new place hundreds of miles from home and family at 16 years of age. Add to that a highly competitive environment where out of 15 or so lads maybe only one will be offerred a pro contract. Your colleagues are your competitors, you can't have many off days, performance levels have to be consistantly good or above. Imagine a working environment like that away from your support network at 16? And some of the middle aged dick heads on here call them 'Snowflakes' they wouldn't last a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    People haven't the first idea. These lads are moving to a new place hundreds of miles from home and family at 16 years of age. Add to that a highly competitive environment where out of 15 or so lads maybe only one will be offerred a pro contract. Your colleagues are your competitors, you can't have many off days, performance levels have to be consistantly good or above. Imagine a working environment like that away from your support network at 16? And some of the middle aged dick heads on here call them 'Snowflakes' they wouldn't last a week.
    I seem to recall that you used to purposely make bad passes to your team mates so they wouldn't look good. You'd never fit in with the core of any team with an attitude like that, so you were doing yourself a tremendous disservice by even being there. Football is a team game and if you don't fit in you are fecked, as you discovered for yourself. If you make other players look good, the manager will notice it, and your teammates will return the compliment. Football is a team game, and that is why you are drilled to perform as a unit with no weak links.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I seem to recall that you used to purposely make bad passes to your team mates so they wouldn't look good. You'd never fit in with the core of any team with an attitude like that, so you were doing yourself a tremendous disservice by even being there. Football is a team game and if you don't fit in you are fecked, as you discovered for yourself.
    Can you show me where i said that gave bad passes to team mates.

Can you show me where i said that gave bad passes to team mates.
    Are you denying it? I usually have a good memory, and it struck me as being an odd thing to say at the time, as it is something that would never have crossed my mind. If it wasn't you, them somebody on here definitely said it.

Are you denying it? I usually have a good memory, and it struck me as being an odd thing to say at the time, as it is something that would never have crossed my mind. If it wasn't you, them somebody on here definitely said it.
    I'm can't ever recall saying something like that. You're the one saying that i said it so if you can be arsed, find it and it'll be there in black and white, i've no problem with being called out. If i did say it then it would have been a pretty daft thing to do for an aspiring footballer to do as anyone with an ounce of football knowledge can see if a player is deliberately playing poor passes-it wouldn't have got away with it, although if it's out there then show me.

Did you find anything?

Did you find anything?
    I never looked, but not many posters reminiscine about their days of being a YTS football trainee. We may even be the only ones on here who have had a direct long-term coaching relationship with ex-professional/international football players. However, we did have varying experiences, so I would say it points towards individual character as to whether or not a person can handle the tough love environment. I have no regrets, and I thoroughly enjoyed my 5 years of competitive football, before I headed off to university.