+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trolling and general stupidity

Trolling and general stupidity

Polite request

I don't want to sound like a killjoy but the levels of thread spoiling on here is getting ridiculous.

Good posters are not bothering anymore as small grammatical errors are seized upon and decent discussion turn into farce as people wade in and make a mockery of thread after thread.

I'm going to try and pay more attention and will remove stuff. It's not because I don't like a laugh but some posters are being OTT and turning people away.

I appreciate we have always had an open policy but it's silly at the moment.

Stay on topic and make a point.

Re: Trolling and general stupidity

A bit surprised by this. I think its been a lot better in recent times. Even tbe politics thdeads are pretty well observed at the moment.

Is this to do with stats?

You honestly think people are turning off this site because a few choice words are used when lovers Tiff's are going on? Do me a favour lol. The reason people are turning off, is because this site is unbearable to use most of the time with all the pop-ups. Takes you half our to get on here most of the time, and when you eventually do manage to get on here, you get some half baked lottery type pop-up sending you on a magical mistery tour. Even the dark web got smoother sites than this one. The old site was better than this one for Access, and that's saying something

What happened to the DJ's post? It was mild banter. Surely we can still have some banter on here?

Also, I remember signing on to this site, and it took a month or so, to get excepted, after 2 failed attempts. Felt like I was joining some secret society with weird handshakes. "Sorry but you are not what we are looking for" or some bollox like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    What happened to the DJ's post? It was mild banter. Surely we can still have some banter on here?
    Ridiculous. You're not allowed any fun you know!

I'm out of here.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    Ridiculous. You're not allowed any fun you know!

I'm out of here.
    outa

Although trying to be serious, it's only when i'm on the PC that it is reasonably possible, like many now rely on fones and tablet and using these devices it's painful!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Silures View Post
    Also, I remember signing on to this site, and it took a month or so, to get excepted, after 2 failed attempts. Felt like I was joining some secret society with weird handshakes. "Sorry but you are not what we are looking for" or some bollox like that.
    Give me the pop ups over Steve Rs shit jokes and Tony TIT the spelling policeman any day

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    outa

Although trying to be serious, it's only when i'm on the PC that it is reasonably possible, like many now rely on fones and tablet and using these devices it's painful!!!
    Just download Ad Block Plus app

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Just download Ad Block Plus app
    But does that really work? Don't you have to pay and isn't it a bit hit 'n miss?

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Is this to do with stats?
    No. By asking people not to post so much trash I'll be getting less hits. Looking for quality rather than quantity.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Of course. Just it seems that far too many threads turn into 'banter' when really they just get spoiled and the original point or topic gets lost

Quote Originally Posted by Silures View Post
    I have to manually approve all registrations. I don't check those waiting everyday - mainly because most are bots trying to get on.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    But does that really work? Don't you have to pay and isn't it a bit hit 'n miss?
    ad block and ad block plus are both free, use them with Chrome

Ads are a real problem on here and an embarrassment. pop up ads, pop unders, re-directs, autoplay videos etc are all over the top.

I appreciate the need for ads for funding but at the moment the companies that deliver the ads are strangling themselves. the more ads the less people.

I don't have control over that.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Of course. Just it seems that far too many threads turn into 'banter' when really they just get spoiled and the original point or topic gets lost
    I agree

ad block and ad block plus are both free, use them with Chrome

Ads are a real problem on here and an embarrassment. pop up ads, pop unders, re-directs, autoplay videos etc are all over the top.

I appreciate the need for ads for funding but at the moment the companies that deliver the ads are strangling themselves. the more ads the less people.

I don't have control over that.
    Ever thought about going via the funding route off the users or its just too complicated and expensive?

If you accept bitcoin i'll support

But what about the constant requests for money if you're using blockers...?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    But what about the constant requests for money if you're using blockers...?
    Even sites like the Guardian and News Now do that.

Sensible advertising would be tolerated. They take the piss though so people are using ad blockers

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Ever thought about going via the funding route off the users or its just too complicated and expensive?

If you accept bitcoin i'll support
    It's a time consuming financial risk.

I could get a hosting site, divert ccmb.co.uk to it and install the forum software. I'd lose cardiffcity-mad and just focus on ccmb.co.uk. Everyone would probably have to re-register again.

I have thought about it. It might work, I might be able to fund via more responsible, sensible advertising but it all needs to be thought through and a plan put in place.

I'm not sure subscriptions from users would work. Messageboards tend to be free to use.

I'd bet that half the people who post here are wondering if the OP is referring to them.

It's a time consuming financial risk.

I could get a hosting site, divert ccmb.co.uk to it and install the forum software. I'd lose cardiffcity-mad and just focus on ccmb.co.uk. Everyone would probably have to re-register again.

I have thought about it. It might work, I might be able to fund via more responsible, sensible advertising but it all needs to be thought through and a plan put in place.

I'm not sure subscriptions from users would work. Messageboards tend to be free to use.

To be fair Mike you've done a wonderful job on the whole site over the last decade and beyond and need to be applauded.

when i'm rich i'll fund you every month so you can retire and just manage the site

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    To be fair Mike you've done a wonderful job on the whole site over the last decade and beyond and need to be applauded.

when i'm rich i'll fund you every month so you can retire and just manage the site
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    I'd bet that half the people who post here are wondering if the OP is referring to them.
    Nah, probably just a few of them.