Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
What exactly is 'the liberal approach'? That might come across as flippant but I am struggling to see anything overly 'liberal' about our approach towards terrorism as a country (and rightly so).
Liberal approach, well for me it is people who the Secret service know will try and commit a terrorist attack / support in an attack / raise funds for a terror group / radicalise others / , for me it is pretty liberal to allow them to walk our streets / rise our trains etc etc, now thats pretty Liberal

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
UK citizens might have been to Syria and other countries where IS are active. I think most people who travel there go via Turkey. British nationals made 1.6 million visits to Turkey in 2016, sounds like hundreds of thousands of passports to tear up.

I am not against a tougher approach per se but little of what I have read on here in the last few days is possible and when it does pass that test it is usually bonkers and would only serve to increase the problems we see.
How many of these 1.6 Million are on a terror watch list ? ? ? lets look at them, its a start, or have they all gone to Syria to " study the Quran " ? ??