+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Six decades of Cardiff City v Bristol City matches.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Six decades of Cardiff City v Bristol City matches.

John Akinde of Barnet is the 00s answer, Richard O'Donnell of Rotherham is the 10s.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    John Akinde of Barnet is the 00s answer, Richard O'Donnell of Rotherham is the 10s.
    Both correct. The answer to the 80s question is now on the blog, but if anyone wants to try and get it without looking, I think I'm right in saying that the last time the event which provides the answer happened in a City v wurzels match was in 2011 and the time before that it happened was in 2001.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Both correct. The answer to the 80s question is now on the blog, but if anyone wants to try and get it without looking, I think I'm right in saying that the last time the event which provides the answer happened in a City v wurzels match was in 2011 and the time before that it happened was in 2001.
    Good question. I'd completely forgotten Wheeler was a local lad for some reason (I'd forgotten it about Phil Bater last season too). If there's such an ailment as birthplace blind spot then I've got it.

That game may have seen one of the first appearances of the Allux sponsored shirt, it must've come out around then. I bumped into Phil Brignull on Saturday (I'm such a name-dropper, I know). As we shook hands the first thing he said was "have you found out who that player in the snow was yet?'. He says he's kept the picture on his phone and goes back to it now and again. I may not see him again for some time now but I'm sure he'll get a message to me through his son if he makes a breakthrough. Hope springs eternal.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Good question. I'd completely forgotten Wheeler was a local lad for some reason (I'd forgotten it about Phil Bater last season too). If there's such an ailment as birthplace blind spot then I've got it.

That game may have seen one of the first appearances of the Allux sponsored shirt, it must've come out around then. I bumped into Phil Brignull on Saturday (I'm such a name-dropper, I know). As we shook hands the first thing he said was "have you found out who that player in the snow was yet?'. He says he's kept the picture on his phone and goes back to it now and again. I may not see him again for some time now but I'm sure he'll get a message to me through his son if he makes a breakthrough. Hope springs eternal.
    That must be getting on for a year ago now - we've put the poor man through all of that pain on top of him having to play for us in the mid 80s .

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    That must be getting on for a year ago now - we've put the poor man through all of that pain on top of him having to play for us in the mid 80s .
    He seems remarkably unaffected by the trauma of having to play under Durban here. Him and his family are the nicest people you could possibly meet (apart from me, of course).