+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WBA Fans

WBA Fans

Sang pro Albion songs, very rarely had a go at us. Why do our fans sing anti England/Swansea songs? It’s s bit embarrassing, we’re trying to get City songs going but ‘Oh England is full of shit’ & ‘In their Swansea slums’ and the dreadful ‘England run from Russia’ songs seem to be the main songs, I despair! We got back to 3-2, all to go for yet we had nothing to spur the lads on.

Re: WBA Fans

I quite enjoyed the atmosphere there on my only visit in the 3-3.

Most clubs seem to have the generic chants and to be fair to us any anti England songs tend to be in response to gstq. In some away matches we have the Welsh national anthem but don't really hear it at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I quite enjoyed the atmosphere there on my only visit in the 3-3.

Most clubs seem to have the generic chants and to be fair to us any anti England songs tend to be in response to gstq. In some away matches we have the Welsh national anthem but don't really hear it at home.
    That’s my point, WBA fans create a good home atmosphere, all geared to supporting their side, I’m sure I didn’t hear any anti Wolves, Brum or Villa chants (and quite right too, they weren’t playing them) yet our lot churn out the shite that I mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    That’s my point, WBA fans create a good home atmosphere, all geared to supporting their side, I’m sure I didn’t hear any anti Wolves, Brum or Villa chants (and quite right too, they weren’t playing them) yet our lot churn out the shite that I mentioned.
    Do they still not come out to the liquidator?

Only song I heard until they were 2-0 up was the Simon and Garfunkel one

Sang pro Albion songs, very rarely had a go at us. Why do our fans sing anti England/Swansea songs? It’s s bit embarrassing, we’re trying to get City songs going but ‘Oh England is full of shit’ & ‘In their Swansea slums’ and the dreadful ‘England run from Russia’ songs seem to be the main songs, I despair! We got back to 3-2, all to go for yet we had nothing to spur the lads on.
    The Hawthorns is one of my favourite away venues.

How fu*king boring and embarrassing are the anti English songs some of our fans regularly churn out.
    I don’t think any of the numbskulls who participate have the brain power to realise the irony.

The anti England stuff is boring and embarrassing

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Great when your in your seats/standing whatever, on the concourse beneath though absolutely dreadful, no organisation queuing for the outlets. Our ground is streets ahead of others, it’s a massive problem for old grounds catering for fans ‘underneath’, they were geared up for fans having a pint in nearby pubs and going straight in at 10 to 3. I include Anfield, Old Trafford, Goodison, Stamford Bridge etc in this, powderkeg situations, we should be so grateful for CCS. No wonder away fans constantly rate our ground so highly.

Great when your in your seats/standing whatever, on the concourse beneath though absolutely dreadful, no organisation queuing for the outlets. Our ground is streets ahead of others, it’s a massive problem for old grounds catering for fans ‘underneath’, they were geared up for fans having a pint in nearby pubs and going straight in at 10 to 3. I include Anfield, Old Trafford, Goodison, Stamford Bridge etc in this, powderkeg situations, we should be so grateful for CCS. No wonder away fans constantly rate our ground so highly.
    It was shocking today, no room in the concourse and people having to stand on the steps as there were no seats

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Do they still not come out to the liquidator?
    They did, Harry J & The All Stars, top sound👍

Song police out in force again.

Weve a good atmosphere in our stadium mainly all from the Canton.

Any probs take it up there or start your own songs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Song police out in force again.

Weve a good atmosphere in our stadium mainly all from the Canton.

Any probs take it up there or start your own songs.
    Hilts, we did try today but no bugger wanted to join in unless Swansea or England were in the lyrics. Dear God we’ve tried to get songs going and it’s bloody hard and us who do it, especially away, are constantly frustrated by the anti rather than pro songs, surely you can see that.

Of all opposition fans West Brom are my favourites. Down to earth, decent supporters. Not big time johnnies with a sense of entitlement.

Loads of anti Wolves stuff all game.

Quote Originally Posted by ivandobsky View Post
    I’m quite positive that it didn’t outweigh the pro WBA chants, I know I’m on a bit of a high horse on the bus coming back and I do apologise for that but I do love Cardiff City songs/chants and absolutely hate the anti English/Swansea crap, always have, always will.

Quote Originally Posted by ivandobsky View Post
    Had a load of our head office down last week based in the West Mids.I asked one who he followed WBA was his reply followed by i hate the scum(Wolves).The next one was a Wolves fan he said WBA were a bunch of cnuts.They all travelled down together and work together.A great bunch of lads.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    The anti England stuff is boring and embarrassing
    Absolutely. It's also ignorant. Our club is made up mainly of English players. We have an English manager and the club was founded by an Englishman.

Daft.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Had a load of our head office down last week based in the West Mids.I asked one who he followed WBA was his reply followed by i hate the scum(Wolves).The next one was a Wolves fan he said WBA were a bunch of cnuts.They all travelled down together and work together.A great bunch of lads.
    Met a few many a time on holiday, decent, proper fans👍

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    It was shocking today, no room in the concourse and people having to stand on the steps as there were no seats
    Away concourse is far too small...its bigger in the home end😁 There was space for a few more down the front today and to the right as you go in. The layout of the away end makes it difficult to move around and there was a large section covered over to keep fans apart, far bigger segregation area compared to when we played them in the PL. That didnt help. We certainly have the best concourse area.

Met a few many a time on holiday, decent, proper fans��
    Terrible accent though

You’re just a shit Wolverhampton/Nottingham Forest/Derby County depending on who we’re playing is a dreadful song. How long we going to sing about England running from Russia? It’s knocking on for 4 years since the euros.

Worst song today was “we’ve had a shot” early second half. Ignoring the three or four first half. We travel in good numbers and normally fairly loud but our fans are a bit embarrassing at times.

Oh I so wanted to.post that very thought many times as we sound so sad when delivering those outdated chip on the shoulder song .

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Away concourse is far too small...its bigger in the home end😁 There was space for a few more down the front today and to the right as you go in. The layout of the away end makes it difficult to move around and there was a large section covered over to keep fans apart, far bigger segregation area compared to when we played them in the PL. That didnt help. We certainly have the best concourse area.
    Were we as bad as the commentators have it today ?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Were we as bad as the commentators have it today ?
    At times, yes. Baggies were better organised and had obviously practiced moves which paid off. Our high balls into the box were largely well dealt with. EVA were wuick to break, had some good/some poor shots but overall had the edge on us and played the ball around the skill and conviction. We were better when getting the ball into the box at ground level. We still need to offload the ball or shoot much more quickly.