+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Time for Zohore to show up.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Time for Zohore to show up.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Zohore is poor in the air and, with him approaching his mid twenties, I don't see him improving much in that department, if at all.

However, I often think that the importance of a striker's aerial ability is over estimated by Cardiff fans more than at other clubs. During the first year of Neil Warnock's time here, we played to Zohore's strengths and we all saw the results in his play. If Neil Warnock really does believe what he said about Zohore yesterday, then he must know as well that the way we have used him in the last fifteen matches does not play to his strengths. Whether you change the way you play just to accommodate a striker who is as inconsistent and moody as Zohore has been overall during his time with us is arguable, but we, surely, need to play more controlled football than we had been doing before Tuesday anyway.
    Agree entirely Bob. I think one of Ken's better performances in the second half of last season came against Boro when ,very unusually,the ball was played into his feet. Our obsession with the high ball to the big man is driving me nuts.

Re: Time for Zohore to show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemo View Post
    Agree entirely Bob. I think one of Ken's better performances in the second half of last season came against Boro when ,very unusually,the ball was played into his feet. Our obsession with the high ball to the big man is driving me nuts.
    It's because the manager wants it that way-he's to scared to take teams on at the right times. We've actually played better when we've pressed a bit higher-Arsenal x2 Leicester away, Wolves at home and Fulham at home. When we decide to play higher up the pitch we're forced into playing. Warnock thinks that knocking the ball out to wingers with absolutely no support and hoping for knock downs and second balls through launching it is a viable option-it isn't at this level.