+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 1970's football at its best

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: 1970's football at its best

Quote Originally Posted by Cretin Hop View Post
    Quality goals and keeping; great atmosphere and a Hunter v Lee punch up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_oOEa6Iefc

For todays new generations this was what football was generally like before the flood of players from all round the globe and their thirst for money took priority.
    I was at that game. First football match I ever went to.

Loves this photo:---

s-l1000.jpg

Not so tough now, are you Billy bully

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I was at that game. First football match I ever went to.
    I was also at that game. I was working up north and I went with some Leeds fans. Can you remember the half time entertainment?

Quote Originally Posted by David Vincent View Post
    I was also at that game. I was working up north and I went with some Leeds fans. Can you remember the half time entertainment?
    No. I was only 10 and was standing on the what I think was called the Popular Bank (Derby end) I can remember some loud mouth lady in the crowd complaining about Toshack as they had recently played Liverpool. I also remember walking amongst Leeds fans on the way out. They were complaining about the penalty and one of them said something like "you wait 'til you see it on't telly tonight". I remember thinking "how does he know this game with be on MOTD?". Young and naive.

I remember thinking "how does he know this game with be on MOTD?". Young and naive.
    Probably because there were tv cameramen there; they only would have been there if it was being televised and in those days of course only one game was on MOD.

Or they could spy John Motson in his sheepskin coat in the gantry

No. I was only 10 and was standing on the what I think was called the Popular Bank (Derby end) I can remember some loud mouth lady in the crowd complaining about Toshack as they had recently played Liverpool. I also remember walking amongst Leeds fans on the way out. They were complaining about the penalty and one of them said something like "you wait 'til you see it on't telly tonight". I remember thinking "how does he know this game with be on MOTD?". Young and naive.
    There was a police dog display. Dogs jumping through flaming hoops, etc. I can remember someone saying that their pitch was bad enough without dogs crapping all over it.