Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
I was suggesting context is never provided to counter their own narrative of there being a huge health crisis.

I discovered earlier of a pandemic that hit Blighty that I hadn't knew of previously. It wasn't Spanish Flu of 1918, nor Asian Flu in 1957 but Hong Kong Flu of 1968/1969 that killed 33K Britons. Sad for those 33 thousand souls, just like the 28K today, but in the scheme of things worthy of an unconcerned yawn and stretch. Worldwide 'fatalities ranged from 1-3m' says this BBC article http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8027501.stm. Oh, and you'd never guess, they didn't bother with any lockdowns.
The death rate from Covid 19 is significant, but as you always say is lower than a lot of other diseases.

What you never acknowledge is that the Covid 19 death rate has been massively suppressed by the social distancing measures, and if allowed to rip would be a lot higher (up to 10x higher depending on which model you prefer); it would overwhelm every health service in the world and ensure many more deaths for non Covid 19 reasons; it would have caused major economic and social disruption regardless of government responses.

You seem to be wedded to the 'herd immunity' response - just let it do its worst, and after 2-3 months many businesses may have coughed their way through the crisis and in the UK 250,000 mainly older people will have died.

That is a view considered and rejected by most policymakers and economic/health advisers around the world - even though they know full well the economic damage that lock-down causes. They have concluded that short term pain and protection of the vulnerable is the right thing to do. You seem to disagree partly on the grounds that the economic self-harm is too severe, but mainly because you want to see more evidence of a New World Order conspiracy playing out (with compliant media) into some depopulated, oligarch controlled, slave society that you have bought into.