+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sidy Sarr - 'midfield dynamo' to Cardiff?

Sidy Sarr - 'midfield dynamo' to Cardiff?

I don't think this was posted yesterday - if so, apologies. Despite the source (HITC) it looks like a story that could be true.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/04/27...summer/page/1/

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...alese-12953456

http://www.insidewelshfootball.co.uk...utfit-reports/

Sigy Sarr is a tall, athletic, but young/inexperienced midfielder, playing for KV Kortrijk. After Kenneth Zohore came good this season the temptation to repeat the Belgian feeder experiment must be high - as well as being part of the club's public strategy for developing the squad/team.

Re: Sidy Sarr - 'midfield dynamo' to Cardiff?

This is a belter..

I recall when he signed for Kortrijk it was mentioned that if he was a success then a transfer to us would be likely. If Warnock wants him, Ken Choo will effectively be negotiating the transfer with himself so it should happen quite easily, as long as there are no issues with a work permit

He ate my hamster.

He looks an absolute unit!

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    He looks an absolute unit!

Should add to our strength at set pieces if we had Sarr along with Bamba, Morrison/Manga & Zohore in the opposition box

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I don't think this was posted yesterday - if so, apologies. Despite the source (HITC) it looks like a story that could be true.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/04/27...summer/page/1/

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...alese-12953456

http://www.insidewelshfootball.co.uk...utfit-reports/

Sigy Sarr is a tall, athletic, but young/inexperienced midfielder, playing for KV Kortrijk. After Kenneth Zohore came good this season the temptation to repeat the Belgian feeder experiment must be high - as well as being part of the club's public strategy for developing the squad/team.
    Interesting use of the phrase "Belgian feeder experiment"

If all else fails, buy a lanky african midfielder.

It'll usually work.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    Should add to our strength at set pieces if we had Sarr along with Bamba, Morrison/Manga & Zohore in the opposition box

I think we've been quite immobile in that position for a long time. If he's an athlete that can cover ground quickly, break up the play and is fairly decent on the ball then he'll obviously be worth the punt.
    He's only 20 so he's not gonna be the finished article but hopefully his time in Belgium would have helped him adapt.

I think we've been quite immobile in that position for a long time. If he's an athlete that can cover ground quickly, break up the play and is fairly decent on the ball then he'll obviously be worth the punt.
    He's only 20 so he's not gonna be the finished article but hopefully his time in Belgium would have helped him adapt.
    I agree. He only started to establish himself as a first team starter since the beginning of this year so you are probably right about him not being the finished article. He was highly rated as a teenager so if he can develop & fulfill his promise then this could be a great signing.

I agree. He only started to establish himself as a first team starter since the beginning of this year so you are probably right about him not being the finished article. He was highly rated as a teenager so if he can develop & fulfill his promise then this could be a great signing.
    Like a consistent Olifanjana!

Now that would be a signing! When he first came I thought he was going to become our most important player, exactly what we'd been lacking for years.

I recall when he signed for Kortrijk it was mentioned that if he was a success then a transfer to us would be likely. If Warnock wants him, Ken Choo will effectively be negotiating the transfer with himself so it should happen quite easily, as long as there are no issues with a work permit
    I can see it now -

Ken Choo has reported that negotiations with Ken Choo have broken down.
    Choo is particularly disappointed with Choos attitude during negotiations and they remain a long way from reaching an agreement

As mentioned in the HITC article, wouldn't we have a problem getting a work permit for him or has he been at Kortrijk long enough for him to have "qualified" (I thought it needed to be longer than two years mind) and we can get him before Brexit?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    As mentioned in the HITC article, wouldn't we have a problem getting a work permit for him or has he been at Kortrijk long enough for him to have "qualified" (I thought it needed to be longer than two years mind) and we can get him before Brexit?
    Is it two years for UK residency, perhaps it is shorter for Belgium?

I've got a Fillip Kiss feeling about this.

Blue in the Face

That's what was said in the press when they signed him. He's played 28 times for Kortrijk this season which would suggest he's been relatively successful. It's quite likely this is just column filling recycled news though. Does look physically imposing as Gringo says, which is a trait that Warnock has always favoured for centre mid. Don't think he likes lightweights in the middle of the pitch.

Don't be siddy he ain't coming to us , didn't that other other forward chap look powerful ?

Regardless of if he comes to us or not, or even how he would do. I still get more excited by the thought of unearthing a good unknown quality player, rather than the Mackie type of signing.

Olofinjana was consistent...........consistently average.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    I've got a Fillip Kiss feeling about this.
    Or let's look on the bright side & hope that he proves to be as good a signing as Kenneth Zohore, with finding his form a bit quicker being an added bonus

Quote Originally Posted by bluethrough View Post
    Regardless of if he comes to us or not, or even how he would do. I still get more excited by the thought of unearthing a good unknown quality player, rather than the Mackie type of signing.
    Absolutely. Untill he proves otherwise he could be the next big talent. Whereas Jamie Mackie is definitely not going to be sold on for 20 million after joining us.

In much the same way it is a lot more exciting to spend £2.50 on an euromillions ticket than sticking it in a low interest current account.

There s a few very encouraging examples on YouTube . (usual disclaimer in effect)

Would an absolute doddle to make up any number of decent chants for the feller, if he comes and makes good.
    This is of the utmost importance, I think we can all agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    There s a few very encouraging examples on YouTube . (usual disclaimer in effect)

Would an absolute doddle to make up any number of decent chants for the feller, if he comes and makes good.
    This is of the utmost importance, I think we can all agree.
    Siiiid saaaar wherever you are, i believe that my heart will go on!