Quote Originally Posted by PaulWent76 View Post
I'd like to ask a question. A comment that's often made (usually in connection with how bad our team is) is "how weak the league is this season". I think both TOBW and TLG have made it in this thread but it's been made by others regularly over the past years. What is it that makes this or others, a weak league? This year we've got WBA, Fulham, Leeds, Derby, Stoke to name but five "Big Hitters". Brentford, after building for 3 or 4 years look like a good side. Nottingham F. look good. Is the comment made because there's no team racing away or is it a gut feel? If it's the former then surely that can mean it's a strong league because all most teams are strong.
From my perspective, it's a weak division this season because there are so few sides (if any) who possess genuine quality throughout their teams. It's a competitive league and it's exciting as a result, but the overall quality of the football appears to me to be relatively poor.

There are some great players in the Championship this season, especially youngsters, but they seem to be distributed right throughout the division. No club appears to have a seriously strong squad by this division's standards.

Much has been said and written about the recent results from Leeds and West Brom, but personally I believe they've come back to the field simply because their earlier results and league positions flattered them. They were never as strong as the gap at the top a few weeks ago suggested. Leeds certainly have some decent players but miss lots of chances and don't have a striker who can score regularly, while West Brom have a reasonable squad but are by no means an outstanding side by this division's standards.